turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Idiot soccer players

Started by jhoward11, July 22, 2021, 10:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtns2hunt

I played soccor in Europe for several years in my youth. It is an honerable game and a lot of fun to play or watch. I also enjoy baseball to the same extent and played it during high school. Soccor is more exciting than knitting (I think) but then I have never tried knitting.

We have always had activists and always will. Kneeling is just a way to gain attention and it works. I don't approve of the practice but then I see it as a political stunt. My concern is that our country is growing soft with all the chos these demonstrations are causing. We have some very serious issues both at home and abroad. Next to Turkey hunting and maybe deer hunting these should be the focus of our attention.   
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

crow

Quote from: the Ward on July 24, 2021, 09:57:54 AM
What slippery slope would that be? It is real simple, you are at the Olympics to represent your country, not any other private entity. As such, you should have the respect for that country, it's flag, and it's citizens. If you do not have this, then why did you accept a position on the team? It isn't a free speech issue, at all.

:icon_thumright:

bbcoach

What slippery slope would that be? It is real simple, you are at the Olympics to represent your country, not any other private entity. As such, you should have the respect for that country, it's flag, and it's citizens. If you do not have this, then why did you accept a position on the team? It isn't a free speech issue, at all.
Well said Ward!!!!!  Slippery slope or not, it's time WE take a stand and open our mouths!!!!  They have a large audience to speak to and a large stage to play to.  It's time for us to RAISE our voices and not be SILENT!!! 

the Ward

Quote from: bbcoach on July 24, 2021, 02:06:46 PM
Well said Ward!!!!!  Slippery slope or not, it's time WE take a stand and open our mouths!!!!  They have a large audience to speak to and a large stage to play to.  It's time for us to RAISE our voices and not be SILENT!!! 
:icon_thumright: Yes Sir, I agree with that 100%

bear hunter

Quote from: the Ward on July 24, 2021, 02:29:30 PM
Quote from: bbcoach on July 24, 2021, 02:06:46 PM
:icon_thumright: Yes Sir, I agree with that 100%
:agreed:

Jimspur

It's extremely fashionable in our country right now to hate the
United States. How many times have you heard politicians say, "America
was never that great to begin with", "America is a systemically racist
country", blah, blah, blah. I don't know about y'all, but I've about had
my fill of all this nonsense, from "Black Lies Matter" and their
Marxist ideology, "Critical Race Theory" and it's racism against white
people, to the suppression of our freedoms.

These "protests" are nothing but another fashionable form of America
"bashing". I don't care what you do on your own time, but not when
you're representing your country.

This country is in much worse shape than the turkey population.

mtns2hunt

"This country is in much worse shape than the turkey population."

Well said and there is certainly nothing wrong about raising ones voice!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Jimspur

"Well said and there is certainly nothing wrong about raising ones voice!"

That's the way it's always been in the past, but nowadays you might
get cancelled or labeled a racist if you have a different opinion and
raise your voice.

Jimspur

Something else I just thought of I haven't seen mentioned anywhere
else, is the way these "woke" athletes will perform.
I'm no athlete, but having watched a lot of Olympics I've seen many
instances of how it can help an athlete to draw upon their sense of pride
and love of country when he or she needs it most. Almost superhuman
efforts have resulted at times. How many times have you seen an athlete
win a Gold Medal with a personal best result, never to be reached again.

It's definitely not going to help you compete when you despise the
country you're representing. Sad times.

WV Flopper

LOL.

Some of you guys have NO idea about a competitor. None!

They compete for their selves. If they lived on their own personal island in international waters and were as fast as the 3-4 top people in the world they would want to compete! Yea, being a competitor, they would unless injury, have some if not the best, personal performance every. That is very easy to rationalize.

99% of the Olympians are doing this for their self! Very probable that it's 100%. You really think these individuals are competing for any Democratic society? For any Society at that rate?

Three months from now at brunch with friends, do you think one of these medalists would say? "Yes,  the USA won silver in the 200m dash". Or do you think that same person would say, "I" won silver in the 200 m dash"?

Your kidding yourself if you think these people are preforming for you, their country, or any one but themselves. They are athletic competitors to the extreme. They have to win, and have a small window to accomplish that in.

The country these individuals reside in is fortunate enough to get their medal count beside their name.

A long ways away from the subject of turkey hunting, I think I will  check out of this one. Peace.

Crghss

Quote from: WV Flopper on July 24, 2021, 06:33:19 PM
The country these individuals reside in is fortunate enough to get their medal count beside their name.

So these athletes aren't fortunate that they reside in counties, like the USA, with the money to support them so they can reach their full potential?

FWIW, I personally knew an Olympic swimmer from the 80's. She took great pride in representing her country. She wasn't some narcissistic lunatic that only cared about herself. 
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Jimspur

"Your kidding yourself if you think these people are preforming for you, their country, or any one but themselves. They are athletic competitors to the extreme. They have to win, and have a small window to accomplish that in."

LOL!

I never said athletes were performing for me, their country, or anyone
but themselves. I said that I've seen instances of how it can help an
athlete to draw upon their sense of pride and love of country when
he or she needs it most.
You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's true. Read some stories of
Olympians and what they say about the feeling they get when they
represent their country.

falltoms

Some of the most entitled people in this country, despise it. While some of the poorest embrace our freedom's

RutnNStrutn

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Paulmyr on July 24, 2021, 11:22:18 AM
I think it's hilarious.  These woke Karen's are so repressed they play a game for a living. Pretty sure most women in the world can't even dream about the same opportunity. They have a world wide stag to advocate for woman's rights and play a for a country who leads in this area. Instead of shining a light on that fact they chose to thumb thier nose at  the very  that leads the world in advocating women's rights and rights of humans in every aspect.
Maybe if they concentrated on playing soccer instead of making political statements before the game they may have been able to score atleast 1 goal.
Team dissention comes to mind. Do you honestly think thier is cohesion in the locker room between the players who love thier country and these woke players who show distain for the U.S.?

Some need to go live in North Korea, Iran, or any number of other countries.   Then come back in a year and tell us how bad the USA is.  They would be begging to return home within 24 hours.