OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Idiot soccer players  (Read 6724 times)

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Idiot soccer players
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2021, 10:49:45 AM »

"Your kidding yourself if you think these people are preforming for you, their country, or any one but themselves. They are athletic competitors to the extreme. They have to win, and have a small window to accomplish that in."

LOL!

I never said athletes were performing for me, their country, or anyone
but themselves. I said that I've seen instances of how it can help an
athlete to draw upon their sense of pride and love of country when
he or she needs it most.
You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's true. Read some stories of
Olympians and what they say about the feeling they get when they
represent their country.

The 1980 US hockey match versus the Russians would certain appear to illustrate what Jimspur said.

Offline Jimspur

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2021, 10:58:25 AM »

"Your kidding yourself if you think these people are preforming for you, their country, or any one but themselves. They are athletic competitors to the extreme. They have to win, and have a small window to accomplish that in."

LOL!

he or she needs it most.
represent their country.

The 1980 US hockey match versus the Russians would certain appear to illustrate what Jimspur said.

NCL - there couldn't be a better example. I remember their families and
their fellow countrymen going absolutely crazy cheering them on!
A bunch of college kids beat the USSR national team with the best goalie
in the world.
The "Miracle On Ice" was truly amazing.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 11:06:50 AM by Jimspur »

Offline Tail Feathers

• Limbhanger
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2021, 12:12:06 PM »
Yes.  They are there to represent our country.  If they can’t do so with respect and love of country, compete in other competitions.  Period. 
Any athlete or coach who can't stand for the national anthem and salute the flag should not be allowed to represent our country. They should be told that prior to their involvement. Love it, respect it or leave it. Simple as that.

Maybe it's the Tennessee whiskey, but that is about the most Communist statement I have ever seen. So, your telling everyone with your statement that the life, since a child, the devotion, blood, sweat,  tears, money, each of these individuals have giving from themselves and family to be successful in the sport they excell at should UNCONDITIONALLY support the United States?

Every hear of free speech? There is more to it than the 2nd, alot, read it. Don't just use what benefits you in life, there is way more to it than that. If you don't understand it, read it again. It is for all, even people that are not happy with their government at the time.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2021, 04:51:55 PM »

LOL!

he or she needs it most.
represent their country.

NCL - there couldn't be a better example. I remember their families and
their fellow countrymen going absolutely crazy cheering them on!
A bunch of college kids beat the USSR national team with the best goalie
in the world.
The "Miracle On Ice" was truly amazing.
I am shocked how many people I run into that think they won the gold in that game, they did not, they went on to beat Finland for the gold medals. Darn, now I am going to have to go pull out the Miracle on Ice DVD and watch it tonight.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2021, 05:43:51 PM »
Here's the difference between the America hating commie players on the American soccer team. And what should be the attitude if your going to represent America.

Take a look at the footage of the young lady from Kentucky after wining the gold in the Foil competition,

Her coach hands her an American flag backwards, not only does she walk around with it but also has enough pride in her Country to take the time to turn it around and spread it out.

Congrats to Her for winning the gold and her attitude

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2021, 08:29:38 PM »
I did see that three of the girls stood with their hands over their hearts, they should be given credit even if the rest of the team should be thrown out of the country.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline cwb04

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2021, 11:58:46 AM »
LOL.

Some of you guys have NO idea about a competitor. None!

They compete for their selves. If they lived on their own personal island in international waters and were as fast as the 3-4 top people in the world they would want to compete! Yea, being a competitor, they would unless injury, have some if not the best, personal performance every. That is very easy to rationalize.

99% of the Olympians are doing this for their self! Very probable that it's 100%. You really think these individuals are competing for any Democratic society? For any Society at that rate?

Three months from now at brunch with friends, do you think one of these medalists would say? "Yes,  the USA won silver in the 200m dash". Or do you think that same person would say, "I" won silver in the 200 m dash"?

Your kidding yourself if you think these people are preforming for you, their country, or any one but themselves. They are athletic competitors to the extreme. They have to win, and have a small window to accomplish that in.

The country these individuals reside in is fortunate enough to get their medal count beside their name.

A long ways away from the subject of turkey hunting, I think I will  check out of this one. Peace.

No idea about being a competitor? 

I would venture to say that most folks who contribute to this forum compete every day.  Most of us learned to compete through athletics and carry that into our everyday lives.  Others learned to compete from the school of hard knocks.  Make no mistake - Life is a competition! 

I compete every day from 8-5 and then compete coaching high school athletics for another couple hours during the weekdays and 8-10 hours on a lot of weekends - 3 months a year.

Others here have covered the many, many stories of how great athletes took so much pride in competing for their country - I guess you missed all those?   

Free speech?  Absolutely agree with one exception - not while you are wearing USA on your jersey. 

Probably said more then I needed too - but that's my .02 worth.   

GOD BLESS THE USA  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Offline Jimspur

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2021, 12:52:52 PM »
cwb04- I'm with you 100%!
I think when I said on page 2 of this thread that I'm no athlete, some
people might have gotten the wrong impression.
I may not be an athlete now at age 61, but I competed in motocross
for many years. 40 riders on the starting line going for the same piece
of real estate in the first turn.

Yeah - I think I have an idea about what being a competitor is too!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Offline jhoward11

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2021, 08:09:39 AM »
Jimspur... at 61 you will remember standing in grade school before school started with your hand over your heart and saying the pledge of allegiance, TO THE FLAG..ONE NATION UNDER GOD...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. It says nothing about kneeling for your own agenda. There are other avenues for those things. As far as competition and others have mentioned...we compete everyday. It doesn't have to be on a field, or court. We can be at work or just life in general. Turkey hunters are all competitors. We all speak about the idiots who shoot someone while out hunting and it just makes our sport look bad. That is the same as kneeling. It just makes our country look bad and weak.  Represent your country in a respectful way, she's not always right, but she is yours!! Kneeling is for praying!

Online bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2021, 08:55:59 AM »
ONE  UNDER GOD, not little gods.  This is a  that believed in God when it was founded and that is so far from 1776 now.  Now it's about political agendas, sin of mankind and ME  PERIOD
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 11:32:28 AM by bbcoach »

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2021, 09:52:07 AM »
I and many others have served in the military to protect our freedoms.  Those who choose to act in such a manner are fortunate that they live in America and can conduct themselves in such a way without fear of reprisals.
 Sacrifices have been made by many so they are free to act like IDIOTS.  To all the IDIOTS out there that disrespect our flag and country you are welcome.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2021, 09:58:41 AM »
It's not only the fault of those athletes disrespecting our flag and anthem it's also the fault of the US olympic committee. Athletes should have been told that, the first time you act that way, you'll be off the team and sent home. No exceptions...athletes or coaches.

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2021, 12:48:09 PM »
I certainly do not understand the disrespect toward the flag and the country and probably never will. So many have done and sacrificed so much  to ensure the freedoms that allow those to be that disrespectful. My biggest pet peeve is a "double standard", those same players were demanding respect in the form of comparable salary a few years ago but now disrespect the flag, the country, and the military men and women that have fought so valiantly for that flag. Wonder what would happen if they were playing for Russia, China or North Korea?

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2021, 03:47:38 PM »
...Wonder what would happen if they were playing for Russia, China or North Korea?

That's a no-brainer...they wouldn't be playing and may be put to death, plus their families. Remember the Tiananmen Square Massacre? Pretty much says it all. All this "social injustice" and "racial injustice" crap we're going through in this country wouldn't be tolerated...simple as that. Fly over to China and try to start such a movement. But before you go make sure your affairs are in order here...because you won't be returning.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:22:37 PM by Turkeyman »

Offline Jimspur

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2021, 04:36:10 PM »
Jimspur... at 61 you will remember standing in grade school before school started with your hand over your heart and saying the pledge of allegiance, TO THE FLAG..ONE  UNDER GOD...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. It says nothing about kneeling for your own agenda. There are other avenues for those things. As far as competition and others have mentioned...we compete everyday. It doesn't have to be on a field, or court. We can be at work or just life in general. Turkey hunters are all competitors. We all speak about the idiots who shoot someone while out hunting and it just makes our sport look bad. That is the same as kneeling. It just makes our country look bad and weak.  Represent your country in a respectful way, she's not always right, but she is yours!! Kneeling is for praying!

Yes I do remember! We were raised to love America no matter what.
Like you said, she's not always right, but she is yours!
It's supposed to be the one thing that binds us together.
Sadly, there are forces within this country trying to tear this fabric apart.

If some of these athletes think this country got it wrong, they really
wouldn't like it somewhere else, where they wouldn't be allowed to
protest at all.

I have never served in the military, but would like to thank all those
who have. I can only imagine how it makes you feel to see all this
disrespect toward flag and country. I know how it makes me feel,               and I don't like it. I think a lot of these younger people have no idea
of the sacrifice and courage displayed by so many, to give them the
right to protest.

Lastly, I don't understand this kneeling. There's only one reason for me
to kneel, and it's not to the false god of ..., or whatever they're kneeling
for. You'll never see me "bend the knee", not my style.