OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 20" ga compact 21"

Started by Hooks' n' Beards', May 08, 2017, 09:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

....barrel pic don't want to turn out...gun looks amazing.....

RED NECK

I wrapped a scope in tiger stripe that I had here tonight and mounted it to test as well on saturday.I am going to set this gun up to shoot either the long beard #6's or the mag blends.I believe it will be in my hands opening morning if all goes as planned.I am excited to get out again this saturday,nice weather and the season only a few days away.

RED NECK

I got bored with the tiger stripe look,I didn't even hunt with this gun last year,I peeled the gun wrap off,and have the bottomland gun wrap on the way,I am going to redo it and maybe pick up a new black claw sling and hunt with it a few times this spring.I have the tight wad and .575 Carlson choke and may try something else when i head up to bass pro on the 11th of March.I am planning on mounting the Bushnell 4x32 with circle plex as well.I was going to add the 1187 but I figure,why not just change this up a bit and bring it out of the safe a few times this spring.

RED NECK

The wrap arrived this morning,I am off Thursday and have some time to wrap it Thursday afternoon.

RED NECK

I wrapped it in about 1 hr and 40 minutes and I believe I am 97% on this one.I like it and I think it looks great.

tree-rat sniper

NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

RED NECK

Finally got out and got scope dialed in with 7.5" and then I fired 5 Winchester longbeard #6's to get it setup and dialed in perfect out to 40 yards.The pattern with the .575 Carlson and lb #6's was excellent out to 40 yards.I did save the target but It got thrown out by someone when I got home.I was more than impressed with the pattern,I do not count pellets but I believe there was at least 25-30 in the neck and head of bird and a real solid pattern with no holes all around.I give it a 10-10 and will be more than confident out to 40 yards.

I found my father taking a liking to this gun when we were out shooting today.

RED NECK

I took this gun out Sunday and had some action but just jakes in gun range.I found myself kicking my butt for putting the scope on the gun,so I put the little reflex sight on today and plan on patterning it to get it ready for tomorrow,this is the first time I have used it with shurshot grip on in the woods.

My good friend has had the same gun for about 8 years and was up hunting this weekend and could not believe what mine looks like now compared to his(his wife uses it hunting).He kept his the same as when he bought it,no modifications.

His wife has killed 4-5 toms with it and I believe 2 jakes her first year.

RED NECK

I ended up going with the fiber optics I had installed and fired one shell and had 42 pellets in a 8" circle target at 40 yards with wlb #6's last night.I am just heading to look for a different set of fiber optics, or maybe the Bushnell trs red dot if they have one.I am thinking of spray painting the gun this weekend,I like the wrap but am thinking of trying a custom spray paint job with a dark grey,black and a darkish green,I may use grass and sticks as the pattern from the woods.The gun is fun to carry and pattern very well with the long beard #6's.

RED NECK

I purchased a Bushnell trs 25 in realtree ap camo to put on gun this afternoon,dial it in tonight and hunt with it.I was going to get black one but it was last camo one and I figured I may go back and buy another one in black for another gun later on.

RED NECK

It took me 3 2 3/4 7.5 to get it dialed in dead on at 20 yards,dropped back to 40 yards and fired 1 longbeard #6 and one Tss #7, I could not be more happy with the setup,the long beards are a great shell,my favorite lead shell ever built for the 12 or 20 gauge.I usually never counted but did,I had 27 pellets in the turkeys head area and another 11 in neck area with the #6's at 40 yards,deadly pattern.I definitely think the tss #7 shells are the best you can get,we can only use #7's right now but they are awesome,I did not count but there was at least 20 more pellets than the longbeards in the same area.I plan on shooting the longbeards from this gun and keeping the tss for a few other guns.

I am going to do some researching tonight on how I want to paint the gun,I may do acrylic paint/sponge again in a grey and black or maybe spray paint in a grey and black.

RED NECK

I may wait until after season to change the finish up for next year if i do at all.

RED NECK

RED NECK