Main Menu

Remington 20" ga compact 21"

Started by Hooks' n' Beards', May 08, 2017, 09:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

Toss those Long Beards and get some TSS Apex 3" 1 5/8 oz #9s
  Indian creek .555 and enjoy the bliss.

RED NECK

I'm not selling the gun and I am not tossing a legal shell to shoot a shell that is not legal for me to shoot.I could shoot tss #7 if I wanted but I don't need or want to from this gun,I am more than happy shooting longbeards from this gun with one of the half dozen chokes  I already have for it. ;)

Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

ahfox16

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 04, 2020, 08:18:25 PM
I'm not selling the gun and I am not tossing a legal shell to shoot a shell that is not legal for me to shoot.I could shoot tss #7 if I wanted but I don't need or want to from this gun,I am more than happy shooting longbeards from this gun with one of the half dozen chokes  I already have for it. ;)

Agree 100 percent.  You don't have to shoot TSS to kill a Turkey for sure.  Here is a 20 gauge pattern shot out of a 870 using Longbeard 6's shot at a lasered 40 yards using a factory  Rem Turkey choke.  How much better does one need.

strum

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 04, 2020, 08:18:25 PM

I didnt know the 9s were illegal so yeah I hear you there. I have a 21" 870 compact I just put together and I got about what you have there with the LBs. I didnt want to spend a lot on TSS but man the difference is just night and day.
Nice gun you have by the way. I didnt mean to come off as arrogant . hope you didnt take it that way.

RED NECK

I have no issues with anybody so no worries,I make a good living and have money to throw around on ammo, however I also have an addiction to guns and can only feed so many of them tss shells as they are not cheap.I would shoot tss #7's if I thought It would be needed but I can easily get 35-40 pellets in the kill zone of a tom at 40 yards with the lb 5-6's. This gun also is about 6-7th in my lineup at best.I think have used it 4 -5 times in 3 years.

I am thinking of buying another and keeping it stock.But I am not 100% sure yet.The gun is light and cycles well and shoots very well.I am not a huge Remington fan but this gun is worth what it sells for,the only thing is if you get the black finish it will "rust" no matter what.I have a buddy that has one and he hunts with it for ducks and turkeys and it is hideous looking,still goes boom though.

RED NECK

I was all set to use it setup with a scope this year.I made an online order and was sent the wrong red dot for another gun,however It works on this one so I decided to just go ahead and use it.I may even paint it to match the gun if I like it after patterning it.

RED NECK

I had to mount my scope back on this gun as the truglo fell apart on me after 6 shells,this gun with the .570 tightwad loves longbeard #5's,I will post a picture of the pattern at 40 yards after dinner.

RED NECK

I am done tinkering with this gun,it has a Bushnell trophy with circle plex 1.75-4x32 mounted shooting long beard #5's through the .570 primos tightwad.

RED NECK

I found a Rem 870 20 gauge "NWTF" version in black matte with a 20" barrel in "excellent" condition up here,I called the man and left him a message.If it isn't sold and he is willing to ship I am interested in buying it as I was thinking about a 2nd one anyway.I already have extra forearms and stocks in camo and a pistol grip that would fit it as well.

RED NECK

I just got off the phone with the older man and he isn't interested in shipping it.I said Ok, have a good day. I can't understand why these people post guns on a buy/sell website and then won't ship or do not know how too.I can buy a new one for cheap close by anyway if I decide to add one.

RED NECK

This is longbeard #6's .570 primos tightwad choke, 40 yards using a range finder as always. Bushnell 1-4x32 circle x reticle.

RED NECK

I was debating on getting this gun dipped but I like my camo paint job I did, so I decided to go ahead and spray pain the original stock and forend I had in black, and the last few days I have been taking my time and painting it to match the rest of gun and I also broke down and decided to paint the scope the same way, I am almost done with a little bit of work the next few days It will be ready.

RED NECK

Here are some pictures, I am still working on forend,I just sprayed it again and then touched up scope,I think once it dries I have a few spots on the other side to finish up and then I'll be done scope and rings.

RED NECK

RED NECK

The scope is complete and the forend will need a little touch up once it dries later, the flash makes them seem bright but they match perfectly to the gun I painted a few years ago. I do plan on hunting with this gun more this year than I have so far.