OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 20" ga compact 21"

Started by Hooks' n' Beards', May 08, 2017, 09:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooks' n' Beards'

I just purchased two of the bushnell trs-25 red dots from amazon,60 dollars each,they will be here in about a month so it says.I have some other guns that i may scope with one as well but i read all the reviews and for the price and this gun i figured this would be a great little sight for it.

Tombo

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on May 22, 2017, 08:00:38 PM
So,i have decided to have it dipped in tiger stripe-Vietnam when my shurshot grip and forend come in.I will be looking into a scope or a red dot as well.I have it narrowed down to the trs-25 from bushnell,leupold 1-4 with turkey plex,simmons pro diamond or a bushnell 1.75 with circle-plex....I may or may not use a scope but i am getting it drilled and tapped.I have only had gun in the woods on two hunts so far.Maybe take it later this week.
I also want to have one dipped in VN tiger stripe.  Where are you going to have it dipped?

Roost 1

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on May 22, 2017, 08:00:38 PM
So,i have decided to have it dipped in tiger stripe-Vietnam when my shurshot grip and forend come in.I will be looking into a scope or a red dot as well.I have it narrowed down to the trs-25 from bushnell,leupold 1-4 with turkey plex,simmons pro diamond or a bushnell 1.75 with circle-plex....I may or may not use a scope but i am getting it drilled and tapped.I have only had gun in the woods on two hunts so far.Maybe take it later this week.

What base are you going to use? I'm looking for a multi slot base and having trouble finding which one works on 870 20ga.

Forked lighting

I have a 20 ga Rem 11/87 with Carlsons nonported choke shot Fed heavy weight 7,s pattered good

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

RED NECK

I am back,I forgot my password...I ended up not receiving the trs sights from amazon but got refunded.I put a saddle mount on instead of getting it drilled and tapped and am either buying a simmons pro diamond or maybe a sight mark reflex sight or the bushnell trs today or monday.I picked up some mag blend to test this weekend as I am going to pattern a few of my guns.I really like this gun with the shurshot grip and saddle mount,I am just not sure which scope/red dot/reflex I want.I am leaning towards either the sightmark or thge simmons as I want a circle or diamondplex for the toms head...I am even thinking about the gobblestopper from truglo.....
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Recurve

I have the same gun in Camo. I went with Carlson's  .568 w/ #6 Longbeards and it shoots a great pattern 40+ yds.

RED NECK

I picked up the sight mark reflex sight at work today,I just got home and put it on.I am more than happy with it.I am sending this gun to be dipped in tiger stripe vietnam camo after this season and I am heading out tomorrow to pattern a few of my guns,including 2 20 gauges and a 12 gauge single shot.

RED NECK

I believe I am going to order the gun skin tiger stripe wrap next week and put it on the gun for this season.It is quicker and easier,I have done 9 guns in camo wraps the last few years and all have looked good...I think it will look very sharp....

RED NECK

I just ordered it...should be here mid next week...thanks amazon...

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 23, 2018, 09:45:32 PM
I just ordered it...should be here mid next week...thanks amazon...
[/quote I hope it turns out well.]Post it up once you get it finished.

RED NECK

I am still not thrilled with 20 gauges past 30 yards.I took this gun and got it dialed in today with 2 3/4 target load.I then put multiple shells from this list through this gun and the tight wad choke and the carlson choke.Up to 30 yards it really doesn't matter which shell,they will all kill but the only shell I would hunt with is the Longbeard 3" #5

-3rd degree 3 inch #5,6,7
-high velocity federal with flightwad control 3 inch #5 and #6
-triple beard 3 inch #5,6,7
-double xx 3 inch #4

I am ok with them being a 30 yard gun.I am done tinkering and will be hunting with the Longbeard #5.

Tom Foolery

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 25, 2018, 01:17:51 PM
I am still not thrilled with 20 gauges past 30 yards.I took this gun and got it dialed in today with 2 3/4 target load.I then put multiple shells from this list through this gun and the tight wad choke and the carlson choke.Up to 30 yards it really doesn't matter which shell,they will all kill but the only shell I would hunt with is the Longbeard 3" #5

-3rd degree 3 inch #5,6,7
-high velocity federal with flightwad control 3 inch #5 and #6
-triple beard 3 inch #5,6,7
-double xx 3 inch #4

I am ok with them being a 30 yard gun.I am done tinkering and will be hunting with the Longbeard #5.

I've never seen any of those loads pattern good much past 30yds.

H13 6's, H13 7's, Fed HW 7's, TSS 9's make all the difference

RED NECK

I will be hard pressed to find any hevi 13 or fed #7 around here....nobody stocks it,#7 just became legal and most others are to cheap to spend the money on hevi.I will call around tomorrow again,I did last spring and again last fall.

Tom Foolery

Nobody stocks it here either so I order mine from midway, grafs, etc

RED NECK

I can't order ammo across the border from those places.I am a Canadian,I will look for it locally.I think this gun looks great and handles well,it will look great as a safe queen while i tote my 12 gauge tc and bps around.