OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weekly check in thread.

Started by JVA54, March 18, 2011, 12:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVA54

Now that we are official, I thought a thread where we could check in once a week or so might be a good idea.
You guys that are already hunting can share how you are doing good or bad. And tell us when you are going to another state.
The rest of us can post when we are about to head to the woods.
 Maybe post about son, daughters, family, or friends hunts.
 I have 3 son i will be calling for.    
 Basically just keep in touch.

Be Safe and have Fun!                               :turkey2:

John                  

turkeykiller22

Killed another bird yesterday!! Double bearded!! Im downloading the pics to photobucket right now so I should have them up in a while!! Dad also killed 2 birds gonna hunt tomorrow,  then its back off to school:/ so ill only be able to hunt on weekends...Good Luck!

How is everyone else doing?!?!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

kybowhunter64

I'm checking in! Going scouting all weekend so I won't be on. Good luck to those hunting this weekend!!!

JVA54

limhnger posted one on the general forum he shot in MS.

He has not posted it on here yet.

JVA54

turkeykiller22  post your dads turkey pics here if you have some.

:z-guntootsmiley:

davisd9

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on March 18, 2011, 01:49:33 PM
Killed another bird yesterday!! Double bearded!! Im downloading the pics to photobucket right now so I should have them up in a while!! Dad also killed 2 birds gonna hunt tomorrow,  then its back off to school:/ so ill only be able to hunt on weekends...Good Luck!

How is everyone else doing?!?!

You are on fire.  Patterning guns this weekend and then out in the field in two weeks.  Good Luck guys!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkeykiller22

Here are my dads two birds, and mine!! We are holding the 2 because we have each killed 2 birds so far this year!!!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

KYFrid

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on March 18, 2011, 04:02:59 PM
Here are my dads two birds, and mine!! We are holding the 2 because we have each killed 2 birds so far this year!!!

Congrats on a fine season! Me and LilFrid hope to get out this weekend to hear first gobbles of the year.

gobblerkiller

I am checking in! Season don't start for me till next month the 16th, but I will be in 3 states this year! Went scouting on some farms yesterday and seen over 30 strutters and heard about 50 from the truck. Got some great video of birds strutting their butts off!

somedude

Woods were DEAD Saturday.  Couldn't get anything to talk.  Oh well, that's huntin! :fud: :newmascot:
A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.  Prov  11:25
DALES TURKEY CALLS
Stevens 20 gauge
Remington 870  12 gauge
https://i.imgur.com/howRdMo.jpg

davisd9

Made sure the gun was shooting good this weekend and that is a check.  Just getting everything together and gathering intel from my father-in-law on where the birds are and when.  A week from this coming friday I will be in the woods trying to add to our total!  Good Luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

As of now I think we are in 5th place out of 16 teams.  That is with one bird, thanks turkeykiller22, a really good one bird.  I think that a few of the teams ahead of us have multiple guys in the woods already.  Will not be long before more of us get out.  I really like our chances.  Good Luck and collect the team a set or two of spurs!

KYFrid

Yeah I was thinkin the same thing. If we are in 5th place and most of our team isn't even hunting yet. Look Out!  :z-guntootsmiley:

limhnger

I killed one St. Paddy's day.  All was good until I got thru cleaning it & forgot that I didn't weigh it...WTF!

JVA54

Thats ok just go kill bigger one,    ;D ;D        :z-guntootsmiley: