turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weekly check in thread.

Started by JVA54, March 18, 2011, 12:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdavis31

Well guys I've let y'all down in FL. It was really a strange season. Seems like the birds started way early then just got lock jaw.  Yesterday and today's hunts started with some excitement but died off quickly. Yesterday there was an argument with a hen between me and the gobbler.  Today two gobblers were going crazy on the limb then flew down the other direction. Oh well, that's what happens sometimes. I'm going to hunt NH opening weekend of the season up there, so there's still a chance ill put something on the scoreboard.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JVA54

kdavis31     That's turkey hunting and could happen to any one of us.
  I was a little hesitant to get in this contest the way turkeys have been kicking my butt the last few years, this year has been the best turkey hunting I have had in a long time. Good luck in NH.

davisd9

Right now our total score with 3 birds is 202.50.  Good luck guys.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

blackmagic

Well, I'm with kdavis....had some very very close calls, and saw some awesome things in the woods again, but they bested me in the Florida swamps.  Few weeks ago called in 2 birds and watched as they drummed and gobbled 8ft from the back of my head (of course gun was pointed in the wrong direction).  Spent the first couple of weeks with a dang ear infection and on the days I felt OK to go, I couldn't hear for squat. And of course had a gobbler walk by I only caught the tail end of.  Even saw a hen with poults this past weekend. 
The birds were on fire the 2 weeks before season...unfortunately, they were very tight lipped for our season in Central Fl.  It was a weird season.
Go get 'em!

JVA54

I will be hunting Illinois 5Th season this weekend with my son, going to let him have first shot because he kill a Jake his first season. :z-guntootsmiley:

davisd9

Saturday is the last day for us here in SC.  Going to see if I can get us an upgrade.  Just glad I got us one and glad I was able to get out in the woods as much as I have.  It has been a great season!  Good luck to everyone!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

FireDoc

Hey fellas....Just checking in.

Been hard at it, hunting various States and have more trips on the docket. Will get some scores posted soon, and some recaps.

Good luck to all of you!  :gobble:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

somedude

Well it's over here in Mississippi.  I didn't shoot but my son did.
A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.  Prov  11:25
DALES TURKEY CALLS
Stevens 20 gauge
Remington 870  12 gauge
https://i.imgur.com/howRdMo.jpg

JVA54

Well Southern Illinois turkey season is over, back to a spectator. :bike2:

davisd9

Quote from: davisd9 on April 25, 2011, 01:20:57 PM
Right now our total score with 3 birds is 202.50.  Good luck guys.
With alloutdoors bird, our score is now 260.25 with 4 birds.  Good luck to those still hunting!

JVA54

The contest is over, team VooDoo are the winners, be looking for you guys next year.

davisd9

Congrats to them.  Hope that we can team up together again next year.  Have a great summer and hope to see you guys around.