North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General discussion

Started by nickhrp, March 07, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illini Tom

ha. had me goin too.  ;D glad i checked in before headin out again
birds are finally startin to work up here. had several close call the past 2 days.
had a nice longbeard comin in yesterday before a cuttin hen cut him off  :angry9:

ericjames

Good luck too ya.. I have been thinking about not even killing anymore this year because our bird numbers are down so low. I have took 3 I guess that's enough. I am going to go to another area I haven't been this year and see what's going on over there. But I road all over my lease and it's 3000 ac. and I heard 2 birds

Illini Tom

scored a nice tom this morning on a classic off the roost hunt.  :z-guntootsmiley:
took a little while to work him off his sidehill strut zone up onto the flat where i was set up
3 year old that should top 60 for score.  :turkey2:
havent done any measurements. double checking on what all i need for pix for contest

TJK68

Nice Job, Congrats. I still have one more week to wait.  ???

ericjames

Good job.. Congrats on the kill.

nickhrp

Congrats can't wait to see the pics

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Happy Easter team hope y'all have a wonderful and blessed day

God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

This morning as I was sitting in the woods waiting to get off from a 14 hour night shift I had the joy of listening to 3 gobble off the roost and 1 stayed gobbling an hour after he flew down. I bet he fired off 50 times.

TJK68

What happened to Team Alabama? No longer listed anywhere.

ericjames

Illini Tom

thats strange. maybe they picked up their trophy and went home  :o ::)

TJK68

Tom,
You and Nick may have to make some adjustments to the team scores, we may have just took the lead. HMMMMM....

Illini Tom

thats really bizarre about alabama disappearing. they were there when i checked in this morning
could be a computer glitch ... i doubt anyone other than administration has the power to nuke entire team threads  ???

nickhrp

There still there but every time I try to open there threads I get a domain error it's probably just a glitch ain't that lucky me and the guys that ain't onboard yet just gonna have to hunker down and start bringing in some turkzillas

God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

Y'all will get them.. We don't need but 4 but birds. It seems our turkeys are just now getting cranked up down here, I heard 7 this morning on a place I haven't been but once this year. I had him at 60 on a clear cut this morning and I  wouldn't take the shot. I think he might upgrade my bird if I can get him. I watched him walk off this morning with the binoculars looked like he had better spurs and I know his beard was better.