Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General discussion

Started by nickhrp, March 07, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofabuck

Finally got one down yesterday. I get little to no signal here. Will post up pics and score when I get home Sunday. Maybe earlier if I get another.  :happy0064:

ericjames

Congratulations.. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

TJK68

nickhrp

Almost made it happen he locked up on me had no hens with him but guess he didn't like my jake post a video of it later

God Bless the Outdoors

TJK68

Make it happen Nick! Our youth day is tomorrow and season opens Monday. I will be after them all next week. I picked up a sweet shooting 11-87 day before yesterday, looks brand new, camo 26 " barrel, boy needed some cash so I bought for a sweet price.

nickhrp

I tried too but everything was working against me this morning bad weather set up on one first thing and he flew down the opposite way so had another gobbling but he had me pinned he was behind me couldn't move so he moved on then I was soak and wet so I went to the blind to get out of the rain and then the lone gobbler come through and locked up on at 75 yds and he set there for a hour strutting back and forth keep looking at my decoys but he seemed like he smelled a rat and moved in then a hour later came back through and didn't even look my way I don't know it was the most frustrating morning hunting I have ever had

God Bless the Outdoors

TJK68

Hang in there you will get him!  :icon_thumright:

cphill

Wife got this one today looking for dry land fish

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

ericjames

Congrats to your wife.great looking bird

Illini Tom

lots goin on in here. will try to catch up sometime today
headin back out. couple clase calls yesterday. shoulda had 1, actually 2. grrrrrrrrr  ::)

TJK68

Congrats to the wife nice bird!

Stay after them Tom, Good luck.

sonofabuck

Here's my bird from this weekend.  Hunting has been really slow for our area of KY.  This was confirmed to us this weekend by a couple of pros. :thanks: :lol: Ran into David Hale and Harold Knight this weekend, they were hunting a farm next to us, and they said the ice and late spring has really made hunting tuff.  I was somewhat relieved to hear this as it just seemed we could do nothing right this year.  I've got a few more hunts planned and hopefully I can upgrade a little.

ericjames

TJK68

cphill

Congrats

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2