General discussion

Started by nickhrp, March 07, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickhrp

For general talk and such hunting stories and etc
God bless the outdoors

God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Alright guys I done all I know to do at the moment can't wait to see the birds start coming in
If anybody has any suggestions on anything about our team threads and etc send me a pm and I can give you my phone# I have noticed some teams have banners I have no clue how to do that so anybody that does feel free to come up with something and we all can agree on one looking forward to this with . All of y'all
We still have 1 open spot if anybody knows somebody and hope all current team members confirms with me so I can finalize the roster and submit to administrators I see teams have co-captains be nice to have a couple but as long as we help each other out we can rock this contest I know we have novice hunters veteran hunters and two experienced excellent  call makers and probably a rookie or two but best of luck to everyone look forward to this and hope with this competition I can learn alot from y'all
Thank you nick

God bless the outdoors

God Bless the Outdoors

sonofabuck

Thanks for taking the lead on this.  :thanks: :thanks: Great job with all the threads going!!  Can't wait until we start posting in the Harvest thread!!   :z-guntootsmiley: Won't be long. :anim_25:

ericjames

Quote from: sonofabuck on March 07, 2014, 10:51:56 PM
Thanks for taking the lead on this.  :thanks: :thanks: Great job with all the threads going!!  Can't wait until we start posting in the Harvest thread!!   :z-guntootsmiley: Won't be long. :anim_25:

+1 Great Job!

turkey buster

Tard

Thanks for taking the lead can't wait to get a gobbler ,i've juste picked my triple bearded tom from the taxidermist yesterday ,a tom killed in Ontario last year.

nickhrp

Quote from: Tard on March 08, 2014, 07:51:52 AM
Thanks for taking the lead can't wait to get a gobbler ,i've juste picked my triple bearded tom from the taxidermist yesterday ,a tom killed in Ontario last year.
post us some pics
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

great job getting us up and running so quickly, nick. looks like you've been in this rodeo before  :you_rock:
cant wait to get the season started. got my personal best tom last spring but struck out in the fall seasons, so i am rarin to go  :turkey2:

nickhrp

Here's before and afters of last years best bird for me forgive the mount pic crappy lighting in the bedroom
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

great lookin mount!
i have a couple fans on the wall but no mount. maybe one of these days  :-\
been kickin myself for not havin last year's done
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,37036.0.html

nickhrp

Quote from: Illini Tom on March 08, 2014, 09:46:50 AM
great lookin mount!
i have a couple fans on the wall but no mount. maybe one of these days  :-
been kickin myself for not havin last year's done
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,37036.0.html
yeah that thunder chicken would been in my living room for everyone to see lol that's a nice bird and some fat hooks
God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

I'm hoping to tag out and if I do gonna use one fan so mark sanchez ( my strut decoy) can get a new fan job
God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

Sounds like a plan. How many are all of you allowed to kill. I hope I can tag out but it's not likely.. In AL we can take up to 5  spring gobblers. In MS a can take 3. That's hard to do in a  45 day season. If I get 5 between the 2 I will be happy.

Gooserbat

I'll be hunting at least three states and tribal land. 3 in OK, 2 in KS ans 2 in MO. There is no bag limit on tribal land so in theory I could kill and kill and kill but I usually limit myself to one bird. So that's 8
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

Quote from: ericjames on March 08, 2014, 10:12:41 AM
Sounds like a plan. How many are all of you allowed to kill. I hope I can tag out but it's not likely.. In AL we can take up to 5  spring gobblers. In MS a can take 3. That's hard to do in a  45 day season. If I get 5 between the 2 I will be happy.
I believe 4 what we are allowed

God bless the outdoors

God Bless the Outdoors