Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General discussion

Started by nickhrp, March 07, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickhrp

I got two more days till I get to home then it's two weeks of strait hunting but it's the last two weeks of our season and I'm surrounded by a couple big leases and afraid they gonna be pressured and quiet or maybe I will get lucky and they have pushed to my place cause I'm the only one there or suppose to already had one poacher incident before I went to work 26 days
God Bless the Outdoors

sonofabuck

I've been hunting hard and long for the last two weekends 6 days total and have not yet been able to seal the deal.  Had one mid afternoon yesterday gobbling his head off and closing until a hawk with 50 crows in pursuit landed between me and him raising all kinds of hell.  Last weekend I setup on a field and had one fly down at the opposite end.  Was working my way but I didn't realize there were about 10 hens roosted right above me.  I never knew they were there.  I think they saw me raise the gun up and left the roost to the other side were the gobbler flew down.  They left and he followed. 
I'll be headed out for a 4 day weekend Thursday.  I'm hoping to make a contribution to our score but this has been frustrating to say the least.

Illini Tom

ej, nick, sonofabuck ... best of luck  :anim_25:
go get em  :fud: :OGani:

TJK68

Quote from: nickhrp on April 22, 2014, 05:41:23 PM
There still there but every time I try to open there threads I get a domain error it's probably just a glitch ain't that lucky me and the guys that ain't onboard yet just gonna have to hunker down and start bringing in some turkzillas

Well if they are still on here I can't see them. Lol....
Anyway, finally Monday morning season opens here in WV, I will be after them all next week.

Illini Tom

cphill

Quote from: nickhrp on April 22, 2014, 06:19:16 PM
I got two more days till I get to home then it's two weeks of strait hunting but it's the last two weeks of our season and I'm surrounded by a couple big leases and afraid they gonna be pressured and quiet or maybe I will get lucky and they have pushed to my place cause I'm the only one there or suppose to already had one poacher incident before I went to work 26 days ago

I wish u luck man on my end of Tennessee its get tough the gobbling has slow down and what I am hearing is still half hened up . I got lucky early but this last weekend was rough hunted 4 days and only called up a Jake . The hens r killing me

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

nickhrp

The father in law has hunted for 3 weeks and no luck told me they henning up right off the roost and just not gobbling in our area

God Bless the Outdoors

cphill

Like I told my wife I think all the dumb mouthy birds r done killed..lol

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

nickhrp

I believe that's right
God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

It seems that my banner has disappeared anybody else ever had this happen

God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

nickhrp