North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General discussion

Started by nickhrp, March 07, 2014, 09:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illini Tom

3 is the max in illinois
i have thought about heading out of state for more fun, but the wife says our budget wont allow it  :( ;D
dang, didnt know you could get 5 in alabama. no wonder those guys dominate the team contest; thats a lot of chances to upgrade your bird's score

ericjames

Quote from: Illini Tom on March 08, 2014, 10:58:28 AM
3 is the max in illinois
i have thought about heading out of state for more fun, but the wife says our budget wont allow it  :( ;D
dang, didnt know you could get 5 in alabama. no wonder those guys dominate the team contest; thats a lot of chances to upgrade your bird's score

The only thing bad about it is our birds don't weight allot. The average longbeard will only weight around 14-15 lbs. 19-20lbs. is a big one.

Illini Tom

wow, didnt realize that. must run themselves ragged chasin the ladies  :turkey2:
we've got fat, cornfed butterballs up here
most 2 year old toms are 22-23 pounds. i've shot a couple longbeards that weighed 26

Gooserbat

One area I hunt in SE Oklahoma it's not uncommon for 3-4 year old toms to weight 17 -18 pounds but you might just as well kill a 22 pound bird out of the same area. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Hoosier2

Dang I'm jealous. Here in indiana we can kill 1 bird and that's it. Last years bird went 24 lbs. 10.5" beard and right at about an inch spurs.

Gooserbat

Hey nickhrp When do we officially on paper get our name changed to Choot'em N-D Face instead of Team C
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Illini Tom

pretty sure we have to submit our team and roster in the team registration thread and be officially approved before that can happen
we lost a member, but i pm'd someone on the random thread and we are waiting for his reply

nice lookin bird there, hoosier2 :funnyturkey:
we are counting on you to shoot his twin this year  ;D

ericjames

Of we don't have it filled or if the one you sent the pm to doesn't respond. I have a friend of mine that is joining OG as we speak, he wants to be on a team.

nickhrp

Submitted name and banner to admin so it should be changed soon
God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

That's good news.. I can't wait for next Saturday.

ericjames

There it is.. Looks allot better than team c..

nickhrp

Quote from: ericjames on March 08, 2014, 07:39:00 PM
There it is.. Looks allot better than team c..
great job on the banner thank you OG admins even messaged liking that banner you tha man
God Bless the Outdoors

Tard

ericjames

Posted by: nickhrp
[/quote]great job on the banner thank you OG admins even messaged liking that banner you tha man
[/quote]

Thanks

nickhrp

Ok I'm trying this out to see if it works
God Bless the Outdoors