turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Graphics

Started by Old Gobbler, February 21, 2014, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdavenp3

What would you say will be the most difficult? If I cut around the ribs? Or just the time it takes to cut out the push pins and all of the small stuff?

Old Gobbler

I just layed it over the action pins , didn't bother cutting those out , when I have to service the gun , I'll cut them out then , I guess

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Borden811

I cut the action pins out, didn't take but a few seconds. The most time consuming part for me was using the heat gun and getting it laid down around the curves without any wrinkles. I didn't do my rib. It really wasn't hard, just time consuming. Give it a shot, you'll be glad you did.

jdavenp3

Best place to order it directly from Mossy Oak? I have some Cabela's points but don't see it on there anywhere...

Old Gobbler

I would presume , the manufacturer has the best inventory on hand - it took about 2-3 days to get it -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

camodawg

I just layed it over the action pins also. And I stopped the wrap at the vent rib. That was the easiest and it still looks good to me.

jdavenp3

They actually DO have these at Cabelas if anyone is looking. $30 but limited to Mossy Oak Infinity and Duck Blind.They also have scope wraps as well for those of you with mounted optics.

Since I have a few dollars built up there I will probably go with the Infinity kit.

Link is below if anyone was wanting to check them out. 15 reviews with a 4.8 star rating. Seems like everyone enjoys them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Gun-Storage/Sleeves-Camo|/pc/104792580/c/104730480/sc/104576580/Mossy-Oak174-Graphics-Gun-Skins/1423647.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fsleeves-camo%2F_%2FN-1100214%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104576580%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMM%253Bcat104730480&WTz_l=SBC%3BMM%3Bcat104730480%3Bcat104576580

fountain2

Made a separate thread, but I will ask here.  I have a 20 Ga 870 and would like to do this to.  I have a set of Boyds thumbhole stocks and for end.  Is there enough material pre cut to do that stock?

jdavenp3

Do you think your aftermarket stocks have more or less surface area than the original stock?

fountain2

TBab

Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

willy8457

I did my Stoeger 3500 and it looks good, this will be the second year I hunt with it.

the Ward

I watched the video, and one thing I was wondering is how to do the seams. Do you cut them like you would when wallpapering or just leave them overlapped? They mentioned something about cutting a wavey line but not whether you pull up the cut from underneath or not, like you would when seaming wallpaper.

the Ward

Just ordered a kit, wife shops a lot on Amazon, they have them for $22.66. I never thought to look there! Got the bottomland, but they have the other patterns also.

jblackburn

dang, that looks good!  I might have to give the old 835 viking a facelift!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.