turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Graphics

Started by Old Gobbler, February 21, 2014, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

My beat up sp10's dip job was getting beat up ( my bad)MossyOak Graphics were kind enough to send over a mossy obsession kit -- let me tell you this is some tough stuff! It holds up well , and is relatively easy to apply - I did mine in 30 minutes and had a few small pieces to cover up the scope -- all you need is a hair dryer and a small knife -- this is a very affordable to dipping a gun again , and the film protects the original finish -

A big thanks to Mossy Oak Graphics  !!! Shannon  :icon_thumright:
$29 msrp
https://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WildSpur

Looks good!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

SCTrky10

Swampwise

Looks great Shannon. Ordered mine this afternoon for the 935!
I have the BFOTP!

SKFOOTER

I ordered a Mossy Oak New Bottomland gun kit from them last year for my Remington 870 20 gauge compact and I've had several buddies ask me where I got it dipped.  It looks that good!! :OGturkeyhead:

RAY

beagler

Never Misses

jdavenp3

How does it cover up the ribs on the barrel? Seriously considering this to keep a Cerakote job on a Sx3 I have coming in. Looks really good.

RHBUCKMASTER

How does this stuff hold up to being handled? Specifically speaking, does the camo wear off easily around the grip from being handled?

DirtNap647

looks great :icon_thumright:....as far as durability I put camoclad natural gear print on a 222 predator gun and its still on there 4 years and running

Old Gobbler

To answer a couple of questions

The rib , in their video demo I think they apply the film from over top of the rib , and lap the edges underneath the bottom of the barrel so their is a seam on the bottom of the barrel and where the magazine would be covering it - and then they cut two lines and have the sides of the rib exposed - I took a different route , and came from underneath and there was no seam , I trimmed mine at the edge at the left and right top edge of the rib so there was no film over the top of the rib , then I cut out the areas that covered up the vents in the rib - heated it up with a hair drier and the sides of the rib were now camouflaged

How does it hold up to being handled ? Time will tell but my initial opinion is that it may actually be more durable than a camo dipped finish , I was told they put this same product on bass boats , trucks etc.... And does not fade - it looks to have a superior abrasion resistance

Camo clad is a good product but it's different from mo graphics , mo graphics is a pliable thick membrane that is impervious to moisture by the looks of it . I know it's hard to tell by pictures , but if you happen to see a box at a retail take a closer look at the product you will be impressed

-Shannon

chatterbox

I dunno Shannon....
Personally, I think you should send that gun to me, and let me field test her on some NH gobblers just to make sure everything is alright. :toothy12:
In all seriousness, that stuff really makes the ol' girl look great! Nice job!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Old Gobbler

Here is the before picture (top gun) - the dip job I had , was a very  high quality job from about 6 years before , the only problem is years of very hard use - the grips get worn from use , I suspect deet mosquito repellent from my hands was a main culprit -  I've had this gun since 1994 -

Last year I retrofitted a 1187 ATI pistol grip to my sp 10 , and rattle can painted the stock

-Shannon

jmasters

Looks great! might give it a try when my rattle can camo job flakes and fads out.