turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Graphics

Started by Old Gobbler, February 21, 2014, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Well, I just ordered a set in Obsession.  Not sure if I'll put it on the 835 or my old 20 gauge that I may take out this year.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jblackburn

Put the MO Graphics on my old Revelation 20 gauge that I plan on using some this spring.  The graphics are pretty easy to put on, the most trouble I had was on the forearm where it tapers down.  Couple wrinkles in total, but for $22 on Amazon and about 2 hours of time, I'm ok with it!  It also took a lot less heat from the hair dryer than I was anticipating.

Here are some before and after pics.

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DirtNap647

eman375

Freshened those bad boys right up!

bigquacks

wondering if there is enough material to do the Shurshot stocks?

ltprod

CntrlPA

Has anyone done a tactical stock yet?

wirtbowhunter

I'm curious if anyone has tried this wrap on a O/U and how it turned out?

WNY Bowhunter

Just applied the kit to my wife's 870 20 gauge and it looks really good!!! I didn't do the magazine tube, but it looks like you can...I might have to try it with the scrap material that I have.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

mikejd

Great job. I might have to give it a go.

barry

Nice!!!
Wonder if I could do my tube calls with that kit?

rkm456

Quote from: CntrlPA on April 05, 2014, 06:12:03 PM
Has anyone done a tactical stock yet?

I didn't do a pistol grip tactical stock, but I did just do my adjustable length stock today. I took some pictures, just haven't had time to load them up yet.

For those who are wondering about the Remington shurshot stocks, I'd say there probably isn't quite enough material, but you can end up with quite a bit of leftover material depending on how you choose to cut it. So there could be enough material, but I'd say unlikely. How much material you end up with leftover total? I'm not sure because I only did my stock. My forend is factory camo'ed and the barrel I plan on getting for the gun is also factory camo'ed.

Having said all that, I'm not sure I'd ever pay the extra bucks to buy another factory camo gun, depending on the price difference of course, knowing that this product exists. I personally prefer wood/ blued guns, they tend to hold their value better than synthetic guns, and they also have that more classic look. In the field however I prefer having camo (because I'm a sucker, lol) and I also like the added durability that comes with a dipped gun being made out of composite materials. With this you can have the best of both worlds assuming you have the patience to spend a few hours working on your gun. You will most likely end up with a couple imperfections that are only ever known to you, because you saw them happen, and to you they'll stick out like a sore thumb even though no one else would ever know the difference.

In the area I live the difference between a Browning A5 or BPS in camo or one in plain black, or wood and blued is about 150 bucks. If you're looking at a Benelli SBEII You're paying an extra 300 bucks to have it in Max4 over plain black. For me personally the $30 cost of the kit, and the possibility of having a wrinkle here or there far outweighs the extra cost I'd have to incur to have a factory camo offering. With this, I also have the ability to try another pattern if I get sick of Mossy Oak Infinity.

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

gatrkyhntr70

Its a great product; I wont ever buy another camo gun.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Snoodsniper

Before I had my turkey gun dipped I bought a one foot wide piece of the MO graphics and used it instead of the precut gun kit. This gave me plenty to do my tactical stock and it really wasn't much more difficult than using the precut kit. Plus I think it was about 5 bucks cheaper if I remember correctly. I laid the graphics out with the backing side up traced around each part of the gun and cut an inch or so outside the lines to make up for contours and such.