OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weaver micro dot

Started by ericjames, August 20, 2013, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Basically, it's weavers version of the FFII.

Tom Dooley

Sighted mine in today. Very happy with this sight so far.

jdavenp3

Ahhh decisions, decisions... Weaver/Burris or a Vortex Strikefire?  I know the Burris FF has a huge following on OG so they are obviously a quality product. I like the green dot ability of the Vortex. I am definitely overthinking this way too much.

ericjames

I like the fastfire's both 2 and 3. The weaver is a great sight for the $$ . I sold my ff2 and got a ff3. I got the weaver for my back up gun. I decided on the speadbead mount where I could use it for everything. Now if you asked me witch sight I like the best.  It would be hands down fastfire 3. That being said it cost about $150 more than the weaver. If I really didn't need to spend the $$ on the Burris, I would buy the weaver in a heartbeat. It's a very good sight for the $.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Walmart online has this sight for under $68 shipped. 

Borden811

Mine was $52.00 shipped, brand new.

Woods-n-water

Shot mine a few times yesterday to check zero. After shooting it would not turn off. I took it off and checked the battery and couldn't get it to turn back on. Guess I'll be takin it back to swap out.
I'm all about getting closer to critters.
Mossy Oak Pro Staff.
Member of the Tenth legion
I gobble every time I hear an owl hoot

slicksbeagles1

How would you mount it to a Winchester sx2 ? Never had a red dot because of cost but this sounds good! Thanks

ericjames

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on March 03, 2014, 03:18:44 PM
How would you mount it to a Winchester sx2 ? Never had a red dot because of cost but this sounds good! Thanks

You would have to have it drilled and tapped or a speadbead mount and do like Borden did to make it work if it's the newer style.

slicksbeagles1

It's the older style sx2

ericjames

I was talking about the newer style weaver micro dot. I will see if I can find out if they make a speadbead for the sx2

jdavenp3

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on March 03, 2014, 09:28:42 PM
It's the older style sx2

You could go the route I did to bypass drilling/tapping. Sun Optics side mount. Just goes into your existing trigger assembly pins and mounts up giving you a rail. 25ish dollars from Buds gun shop or 35 w/ free shipping off Amazon.

I haven't used it yet but that is what I am doing in lieu of drilling my receiver.

turkeyhunter91

Hello, im sorry if this has been asked and I over looked it, what is the battery life and the warranty? Im debaten on one of these or the mueller,  thanks

ericjames

Quote from: Woods-n-water on March 03, 2014, 06:54:06 AM
Shot mine a few times yesterday to check zero. After shooting it would not turn off. I took it off and checked the battery and couldn't get it to turn back on. Guess I'll be takin it back to swap out.

Hope you get it worked out.

ericjames

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on March 04, 2014, 10:00:14 AM
Hello, im sorry if this has been asked and I over looked it, what is the battery life and the warranty? Im debaten on one of these or the mueller,  thanks

I have not saw an estimated battery life on these yet. I did however leave it sitting on my counter about 3 weeks on the brightest setting. So I know a battery should last around 500 hr, If you hunt 45 days and leave it on 8 hr a day that would be about 360 hr. Mine is not on my primary turkey gun,so there is a 99% chance that I will not use mine for turkey hunting. My main gun has a ff3 on it. But it will do everything else that I need a shotgun for. My only concern would be how well it will hold up to water, the folks a weaver sent me an email back saying it was rated water resistant. So I dont know how I should take that, I don't want to just go out and soak it in water to test it though.