only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weaver micro dot

Started by ericjames, August 20, 2013, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

ericjames

Here's mine.

That sure is completely different from mine. I didn't know they had done changed it up. The front of the sight looks like it is made different also. Mine is flat across the front yours looks like it's rounded. I sure didn't know they changed it up.

Borden811

If I could find someone that wants to trade, I'd trade this new one for the old style like yours, so I can use it with the speed bead mount.

Tom Dooley

I got mine in yesterday. It has the 3 holes. Mr Borden, can you remove one of the dowel pins and use the speed bead mount? I haven't shot mine yet but I really like the way it looks and feels on my 835. I am a little worried about over tighten the locking screws. I hope to dial it in tomorrow.

ericjames

Quote from: Borden811 on February 28, 2014, 10:57:39 PM
If I could find someone that wants to trade, I'd trade this new one for the old style like yours, so I can use it with the speed bead mount.

It's just crazy how they changed the design of it, makes me wonder if they didn't want people to be able to use the Burris mounts or something. On mine the Burris mounts are actually tighter fit than weaver. Kind of like it was made for the Burris mounts, the weaver mount that come with it has a little slack between the sight and base.. I am sorry you got this cause I said it would work. I just didn't know they had changed it.

Borden811

No worries bud, it's not your fault! I'll figure out a way to make it work. I've got dremels and big hammers, I'll rig it up somehow! I'll report back when I get it worked out.

the Ward

Quote from: ericjames on February 28, 2014, 11:22:01 PM

It's just crazy how they changed the design of it, makes me wonder if they didn't want people to be able to use the Burris mounts or something. On mine the Burris mounts are actually tighter fit than weaver. Kind of like it was made for the Burris mounts, the weaver mount that come with it has a little slack between the sight and base.. I am sorry you got this cause I said it would work. I just didn't know they had changed it.
I wonder if they were forced to change it? Maybe a patent or copywright or something? It looks though as if you could remove one dowl and it will fit,and shouldn't affect using a ff on it with only the 3 pins. Good luck, let us know if you figure it out.

ericjames

Quote from: the Ward on March 01, 2014, 09:45:36 AM
Quote from: ericjames on February 28, 2014, 11:22:01 PM

I wonder if they were forced to change it? Maybe a patent or copywright or something? It looks though as if you could remove one dowl and it will fit,and shouldn't affect using a ff on it with only the 3 pins. Good luck, let us know if you figure it out.

That's what I'm thinking. The 2 rear pins are probably the same but the pic he put up it looks like the 3rd pin is right on the side about half way on one side of the sight.

Borden,

I tell you what, look at the little spacers that come with the spreadbead. You could try to make it fit the weaver,that way you wouldn't have to mess with the speadbead mount itself. It should be easy to cut the plastic alignment pins off of the front. Then between the back pins and the 2 mount screws it should have no problem holding it. The thin spacer shouldn't add but about an 1/8" to the height.

the Ward

I see now what your saying about location of the 3rd pin. I didn't notice it before.Your spacer idea is a good one!        :z-winnersmiley:

Borden811

Eric,
I didn't even read these posts yet, but that's pretty much exactly what I did. I took a drill bit that fit the hole on the bottom of the spacer exactly, and just drilled up from the bottom, and took out the two front "posts" on the spacer. I mounted it up, and it fits great, rock solid. The only problem is, I only have one spacer that came with my speed bead mount (I bought it used), and it's the thicker 1/4 inch one. So it sits a bit higher than I would like. If I can find a used 1/8 inch speed bead spacer, it would be perfect!

ericjames

That's great to hear. You might be able to call burris and see how much they would charge for some more spacers.

Borden811

I found a couple on ebay for $15 bux.

Here's how it looks currently:

ericjames

Looks good, it actually don't look like its setting all that high. Where there's a will there's a way, glad you got it going your way. I'm glad you posted this on here in case anyone else runs into this.

Borden811

It's not super high, but if I ever had to use the bead, it's high enough that when my head is down on gun stock, it's almost hidden by the frame of the sight on the bottom. If I get the lower 1/8 riser, I'll be golden.

jdavenp3

So is this comparable to the FastFire? I have been weighing back and forth between a FF3, Truglo Trubrite, Truglo Gobble Stopper, Bushnell TRS25, and maybe the Mueller. The FF seems to be the best but $200+ for a turkey only optic is pushing it for me.