News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weaver micro dot

Started by ericjames, August 20, 2013, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woods-n-water

I've got one on a 20 gauge and am well pleased with it so far
I'm all about getting closer to critters.
Mossy Oak Pro Staff.
Member of the Tenth legion
I gobble every time I hear an owl hoot

ericjames

That's good to hear. I got a new gun to put mine on. It will be mounted on a Burris speedbead mount. Mounted on a browning silver hunter.

ericjames

Well I just wanted to give a little update on the sight. I got time to check out a  few things that I was asked about this sight. And took pictures of the weaver and fastfire3 side by side. They both mount up to each others mounts.

This is them side by side.

This is the fastfire3 on the weaver mount. It fits perfect.but notice how the weaver on the Burris mount sits much lower.

ericjames

The following is the weights of each fastfire first. All weights are in ounces.

Weaver

Burris mount

Weaver mount

ericjames

This is the total weight of the weaver with piccatinny mount

Fastfire3 with piccatinny mount

Fastfire3 on the weaver mount.

Weaver on the Burris mount.

ericjames

This is the weaver on the speedbead mount for a browning silver hunter.

Thanks to Borden811 for bringing it to my attention that they changed the sight up and it no longer fits the burris base right out of the package. Look at post 41 on this thread to see his modification for this to work on Burris mounts.

Tom Dooley

I am planning on buying one of these. Do they sell them at the Convention?

ericjames

I am not sure, they have them at every walmart around here. You can get them on Ebay cheap

ILIKEHEVI-13

My local Walmart has these now.  $89.97 was the price.  I took one out of the package and played with it.  I am impressed.  Very low profile and super lightweight.  I like it.  The only thing I see and this is thinking out loud is the mount screw depending on how far it has to be screwed in to tighten on a Weaver style base is that the standard slotted thread may end up allowing the end of screwdriver to actual hit the threaded end of bolt from what I am thinking if it has to close all the way like I did in the store hand tightening it.  But I would think that Weaver or the folks that actually made this sight thought of that already when they made the length of the base tightening head.

remmy1187

Just ordered a Fastfire 3 yesterday for my 11-87 20 gauge.  I am going to get one of these also from Wal- Mart for my daughters 20 gauge and see which one I like best.  The price of the Weaver is well worth at least trying.  Thanks ericjames!

ericjames

Quote from: remmy1187 on February 18, 2014, 09:18:14 AM
Just ordered a Fastfire 3 yesterday for my 11-87 20 gauge.  I am going to get one of these also from Wal- Mart for my daughters 20 gauge and see which one I like best.  The price of the Weaver is well worth at least trying.  Thanks ericjames!

You will like them both. I wish you could turn the ff3 off by just holding the button down for a few seconds like the weaver, rather than having to cycle through all the brightness settings. 

On the weaver, the mount has a little slack between the little dial pins and the sight. If you have a Burris piccatiny mount you can swamp it out and it takes that little slack out. I also wish they would have put the battery in the same location as the ff3 and wish it had a auto brightness setting.

But overall it has been an excellent sight for the $$.

Borden811

I just purchased a weaver micro dot, and a speed bead base. The two are NOT compatible. The weaver micro dot has three alignment holes for the base, one in each rear corner, and one in the middle. The speed bead mount has 4, one in each corner. Kind of dissapointing.

ericjames

They must have changed it. Mine has 4 alignment holes. Take a picture and post it on here. I just zeroed mine today.and everyone else that will let us know if yours has 4 alignment holes or 3.