OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weaver micro dot

Started by ericjames, August 20, 2013, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woods-n-water

Quote from: ericjames on March 04, 2014, 12:36:21 PM
Quote from: Woods-n-water on March 03, 2014, 06:54:06 AM
Shot mine a few times yesterday to check zero. After shooting it would not turn off. I took it off and checked the battery and couldn't get it to turn back on. Guess I'll be takin it back to swap out.

Hope you get it worked out.
Got a new one on the way
I'm all about getting closer to critters.
Mossy Oak Pro Staff.
Member of the Tenth legion
I gobble every time I hear an owl hoot

ericjames

Was it a warranty claim? If so that was fast..

Woods-n-water

Quote from: ericjames on March 04, 2014, 02:48:24 PM
Was it a warranty claim? If so that was fast..
No, not warranty. Just took back to the store I bought if from. They didn't have any to exchange so they gave me a gift card and I just ordered one from the website. Too close to season to try to deal with warranty issues. 
Mossy Oak Pro Staff.

ericjames

Good deal. When dose your season come in?

slicksbeagles1

Anybody got an idea on how to mount one to a sx2

Punisher

So can this sight be mounted on a 336 just like the FFIII?  I would like to have my gun drilled and tapped for that base, buy this red dot, and get a Burris later on.

killdee

Any more updates on how this sight is holding up? I just picked up a 220-20 gauge to tinker on and this would really help my meager budget. :you_rock:

ericjames

I have this sight on my back up gun. I have the ff3 on my main gun so hopefully someone that has it on their main gun will chime in..

Woods-n-water

Quote from: killdee on March 29, 2014, 12:37:23 PM
Any more updates on how this sight is holding up? I just picked up a 220-20 gauge to tinker on and this would really help my meager budget. :you_rock:

Working good so far. Only time will tell. After season I'll give a review
Mossy Oak Pro Staff.

salt-hay

I put one of these on my daughter's 20 gauge youth gun. Easy to sight in and stays true.  I have liked it so much I used her gun to kill both my gobblers this spring.  Shooting Federal heavyweights 7's and micro dot is performing great! 

ericjames

Tom Dooley

My 835 with the Weaver Micro Dot was used to take 4 toms this season. I really like it.

d.winsor

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on March 03, 2014, 03:18:44 PM
How would you mount it to a Winchester sx2 ? Never had a red dot because of cost but this sounds good! Thanks

Before you have it drilled and tapped if that is how you go, call winchester and ask them is your model can be drilled and tapped.  I have a SX3 and some of them cannot be drilled and tapped.

Woods-n-water

Well here's my review and maybe I just got two bad ones but I had the same issue with the second one. The on/off button malfunctioned. Dot would not turn off. It has a great battery life b/c it stayed on for a couple weeks straight while getting a replacement. Decided to go with the bushnell firststrike and am well pleased so far. A little more expensive but no on/off switch to break. Works off a photo cell. Put the cover on it turns off. Take it off it turns on
Mossy Oak Pro Staff.