OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weaver micro dot

Started by ericjames, August 20, 2013, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

Well I have been looking at this sight for a while and couldn't find any reviews on it anywhere.. Well mine came in the mail today $69.99 free shipping off of Ebay. Now I didn't have time to sight it in today but I will have it in the next few days. As of now I like the way it looks. I will give an update Probably by the weekend and let everyone that was curious about this sight know how it goes..

Customer service seems good I sent them an email and asked them if it would handle repeated 3.5" turkey loads. They asured me it would. I sent the email to them this morning at 7:50 am by 8:00 am I had a response..

This is straight from Weavers page:

Micro Dot Sight

It's a small optic that delivers big fun. The new Weaver Micro Dot is non-magnified fun stuffed into a small package. Easily attached to just about any firearm, the Micro Dot is perfect for fast handgun action, steady shotgun aiming and the lightning-fast world of AR-style rifles. Adjustable brightness settings ensure ease of viewing in a variety of light conditions while the generous eye relief makes the Micro Dot ideal for youth shooting and 3-gun courses...not to mention turkey hunting.

Model-------Power, Objective-------Special Features------- Finish--------Reticle--------MSRP-----
  849255                   1                 4 MOA Red Dot Sight       Matte         4 MOA Dot     $108.45

Eye Relief-------Length--------Weight
                        (in./mm)         (oz./g)
   Unlimited         1.9/48            2.8/80

ericjames

This is the un-boxing. It came with the almighty instructions and warranty, lenses cleaning cloth, Allen wrench, screw driver and extra battery.

ericjames

It looks and feels well built..

ericjames

The sight has 5 brightness settings with a 4 moa dot.

You have to take the sight off of the weaver mount just like the ff2. I am not comparing this sight to the Burris.. Just the way you change the battery.

USMC0331

Look forward to your updates on this red dot. If it can handle the recoil you can't beat that optic for that price.

ericjames

I wasn't going to get one till someone else wrote a review, but i decided that i  would go ahead and try one because i mean for  $70 you can't go wrong.. But it will get a few 3.5" shells out of an 835 non ported barrel.. So the recoil should be there..

the Ward

Cool,thanks for the review!Keep us updated on how it holds up for ya.Does the elevation and windage have click adjustments or locking screws?.......ward

ericjames

Its got locking screws that hold them in place.. It took 4 shots to get it zeroed. Then I backed up to 30 yards and shot 4 - 3.5" federal shells and it held zero. I will shoot a few more Friday and see how it holds zero after a few more.

ericjames

This is the message I received from weaver.. I asked about it handling recoil and waterproof

Hi Eric,

The Micro Dot was tested for durability with rounds ranging from .460 S&W to 3-1/2" Magnum shotshell. At the end of survivability testing, the Micro Dot showed no signs of damage, and windage and elevation remained constant. It is recommended that the two locking screws on the back and the two mounting screws that secure the sight to the base are checked for tightness periodically. The Weaver Micro Dot is also rated water resistant. It's designed to work wet

Best regards,
Weaver Optics Communications Team

ericjames

Sorry for not updating this anymore. I have been working on building me another small pond and getting food plots broke up, hope I can update this  some more before bow season.

Ridge Rooster

Have any idea if the Weaver would work with a Burris 336 base?

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

ericjames

It should, I will check later.

Tom Dooley

Thanks Eric for the review. This is very informative. Keep it coming.

ericjames

I might take it out today and shoot a few times to check for zero. I zeroed it a while back and it held so I wanna shoot a few more.

ericjames

Well,  I cant wait till smash some heads and try this thing out on something besides paper.  If anyone else has gotten one of these sights  post up and let us know how it's going.