OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

How do you carry your turkey in from long distances?

Started by kevin2, March 18, 2013, 02:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denneyturkeycalls

I make two styles of turkey totes, i have new pictures of these on my facebook page.
These are custom made so i can do any color.

www.facebook.com/DenneyTurkeyCalls

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

calebb

I use this primos sling. easy on the shoulder for a long carry, you can keep the tail fan looking nice, and the bag keeps blood off the back of my pants so I can get in the truck without having to clean up first.  Big fan of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Primos-Turkey-Strap-Sling-Bag/dp/B002L9AMLK/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

mnbeardbuster

Ded Goblr

mnbirdbuster

The Avid Turkey Tool with an orange newspaper bag rubber banded over the head to prevent blood on the back of pants and for safety :icon_thumright:

paboxcall

Quote from: mnbirdbuster on March 19, 2013, 12:01:48 PM
The Avid Turkey Tool with an orange newspaper bag rubber banded over the head to prevent blood on the back of pants and for safety :icon_thumright:

Ditto with the newspaper bag and rubber band.  Also use a braided paracord carry tote around the legs / feet, easier on the hands when you are climbing up a mountain ridge.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

turkey_slayer

Guesswhos is the best way to carry em. If you are planning on mounting it then carry a panty, paper towel and rubber band. Slide the panty hose over it to keep the feathers protected and stuff the paper towel down its throat and around its head to keep the blood off the feathers. That primos sling does look like it would work.

quackaddict

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

saltysenior

i'm not going to mount them ,so I tie a piece of cloths line around their neck ,take a couple wraps around my hand and drag 'em out   :newmascot:...........don't have to do this often though  :-\

eddie234

I have a gerber tote, the one with the ruler on it. I also have a blaze orange "bag" its more like a ladies stocking, i found it on ebay fairly cheap. It rolls up and both fit nicely into my vest.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

kevin2

The paper towel in the throat is a great idea. Added it to our list! thanks.

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 19, 2013, 01:55:26 PM
Guesswhos is the best way to carry em. If you are planning on mounting it then carry a panty, paper towel and rubber band. Slide the panty hose over it to keep the feathers protected and stuff the paper towel down its throat and around its head to keep the blood off the feathers. That primos sling does look like it would work.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

spaightlabs

Why would you carry a turkey in?

I prefer to carry one out whenever possible.

MOStrutter

If you are going to mount the bird then you are going to want to take care of the feathers and head.  Wrap the head in paper towels and put the bird in a pair of panty hose going head first.  This will keep the feathers nice and slicked back.  Just carry it out like you normally would after that but I wouldn't use a strap around its neck.  I'm sure you could be a nice dad and place it in the back of your vest and hike back to the truck.

dirtnap

I have been known to grab both legs with my right hand and sling over my shoulder.  I stop when I get to the truck.

Is this a serious question?