OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

How do you carry your turkey in from long distances?

Started by kevin2, March 18, 2013, 02:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

:TooFunny:
There's a long waiting list but I'd hook a brother up.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Grizzlybeard

I have a vest I bought years ago that has numerous pockets all over the front and a big open netting in the back. It's impossible to load load a bird in yourself but it's nice on long hauls. As far as taxidermy usually as long as you lay the bird in in the natural direction of the feathers and carefully bring the fan in to the down position it will be fine. Good luck!
GrizzB

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

ctwny1

cracker4112

I throw em over my shoulder and get to walking.  Blood on my pants is something I look forward to...

Muzzy61

I started taking my nephew turkey hunting to solve this vary problem. He is young and gung ho.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Frank G

Quote from: ctwny1 on February 16, 2014, 09:56:05 AM
I carry mine out of the woods on a ATV.

That's what I do when I don't have a "youth" along. Then he tugs it along, I carry his gun.  :camohat:

Frank G  In Tennessee

THattaway

Quote from: guesswho on February 15, 2014, 08:37:59 AM
:TooFunny:
There's a long waiting list but I'd hook a brother up.
Ronnie,
I can hook a brother up with one of these totes if he needs one. They are hunter grade and meant to be used.

I use a tote too and carry them over my shoulder. It's only rough if I have to carry two and it's a long walk. I'll stop to rest on those trips. Don't know about the rest of these fellas here but I almost always whistle on the carry out. Can be the most satisfying part of the hunt some days, especially on a tom that's taken more than normal effort to get.

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

turkeyfoot

FullChoke

I made one using a shed deer antler for the handle and paracord to loop onto the legs.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

perrytrails

I didn't read this one yet, if your having the bird mounted, wrap him up good in a trash bag in the back of the truck. Especially his tail fan. That 70 mph ride home will do a number on his feathers and tail fan. Better yet put him in the cab if you have room.

Drthorn

over the shoulder most of the time...I did use my game pouch on my vest one day when having to walk up a steep holler.

Huntnwork

I put the gobblers legs over my shoulder and put the spurs between my index finger and middle finger, start walking and then wonder what I have in the truck to put on my seat because the back of legs are covered in blood :z-guntootsmiley: