only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey hunting and lying

Started by Doug-Va, February 19, 2011, 09:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PANYHunter

Quote from: FullChoke on February 20, 2011, 10:43:01 AM
Quote from: Jay on February 20, 2011, 10:31:48 AM
. However, I will take people with me to Turkey hunt, but if they spread the info out, it'll be the last time.

Jay, I'm exactly the same way. I won't tell anyone where I hunt, but I will gladly take them. While I've got them out there, I will take a few minutes to make a point of advising them to not violate the trust that I have placed in them in showing them the locations. I've had no problems since I started doing this.

FullChoke

I'm the same way.  I will gladly take people out with me especially if they don't turkey hunt much.  I had a buddy I took out a few years ago.  The first time we went out we had no luck.  He wentg out there during the week without me and ended up shooting a small jake.  This was his second bird of the year.  Needless to say I was pretty irate. I haven't gone out with him or talked to him much sense.  The kicker is that last year he texted me to say that he drove by that spot scouting and saw a bunch of strutters.  I had to make it clear to him that he wasn't welcome there.  It's a trust thing I guess.   

turkey_slayer

A very few close family members and 2 friends know where I hunt but these are people I can trust.  Any co-workers I go with I go with them to their spots if they want me to call a bird in for them.  I dont hunt their spots unless they ask me to.  I dont believe in cutting in on someone but I learned a long time ago deer hunting that their are very very few people you can trust when it comes to hunting places.

turkey_slayer

Forgot to add.  I do know where most of my co-workers hunt at that I dont hunt with.  When I kill 1 and they ask where I killed it I always say where they hunt at.  It drives them nuts!  :TooFunny: 

mossybird

I always say no i didnt hear anything, or i will say maybe , thought i heard one.

Kevin

n2deer

Anyone ever hear, you sure do kill some turkeys for a guy that never heres any .

My friend was told this by a guy in his club, I thought it was funny.

catdaddy

I'd would answer this question but I don't want to lie.

Preacher

Romans 8:37

harvester

Only luck I have is when they see me carrying one out or its in the back of my truck. Other than that, they ain't no birds here. Always across the river :TooFunny:

bassmaster1228

i always like to say. "nah man idk whats up with them turkeys this year. seems to not be as many, its looking to be a bad season."

TRKYHTR

Quote from: catdaddy on February 20, 2011, 01:33:57 PM
I'd would answer this question but I don't want to lie.
Quote from: Preacher on February 20, 2011, 01:41:20 PM
I plead the 5th.

I hope I get some better info from yall when I come down to MS to hunt. lol

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

4nwtf

I would never lie about turkeys ;)

Gobblestopper

I'd probably say something like right by Secret Lake not far from my favorite fishing hole.  What? You know where thats is? ;) 

vaturkey

Quote from: 4nwtf on February 20, 2011, 04:11:09 PM
I would never lie about turkeys ;)

I WALKED UP TO 5 FELLOWS AT THE NWTF CONVENTION ON SAT & SAID TURKEY & THEY ALL SAID, AINT NO TURKEYS IN ALABAMA  !!! :TooFunny:

:newmascot: :hello99:
Vaturkey

GOLD HUNTER

yep !!!

i never  hear any birds !!! :wave:

brian

socalturkeyman

I'll just give general areas but when I ask I remember everything they and I find them. BUT ONLY IF THEY"RE JERKS.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy