OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting and lying

Started by Doug-Va, February 19, 2011, 09:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug-Va

Not talking about stretching the truth on your hunts you have experience but walking out of the woods and getting in your truck and someone pulls up and ask if you had any luck! I found out the hard way if you tell them the truth most likely the next time you go there you will see them parked in your spot. I am talking about mostly public land hunting but it has happen to me on private land also so hate to say it if anyone ask anymore i sure don't tell them the truth. A few years back i scouted a lot and was telling one of my buddies what i was hearing and found out he was using my info to find his turkeys >:( Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem but anymore its hush hush for me!!

Doug

OLE RASPY

HOOKS1

My closest hunting buddies don't know exactly where I hunt turkeys. I'm sure not going to give any specific information to a stranger. If you find my truck I'm usually 2-3 miles from it. My wife drops me off and picks me up a lot of times and my buddies don't even know that.

FANMAN

I always tell the truth,when someone ask's me where I shot him , I say in the head.

knightrider

jakesdad

I learned the hard way hunting on our neighbors.Used to just tell it like it was and they always ended up in those spots.But it is their farm so I didnt say anything.From then on I always said I heard/saw birds way away from where i was wanting to be.Works like a charm.they usually go to those spots like bees to honey.They are really nice people,just not too much into scouting or lookin for birds on their own.It has backfired on me a time or two as they have killed birds before I did,but 80% it works out great for me to "lie" :angel9:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

FttFttVroom!

I tell people without a second thought.  Nobody in their right mind would try to trespass where I hunt.  The dude scares the beejeebies outta me even!

turkey slayer

TnTurk

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gobble!

They say "Where did you shoot that?"

I say " The woods" and walk away

Skeeterbait

There is no value in giving away information.

TRKYHTR

I'll give whatever info I got. If you go and kill a turkey good for you and I'll pat you on your back and say good job. I don't need to lie to kill a turkey. JMO

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

redleg06

Regardless of what happens on the hunt...." I didnt see anything but I think I MIGHT have heard a hen right at first light.... I cant be sure cause of how far off she sounded."

4nwtf

Quote from: redleg06 on February 19, 2011, 11:49:31 PM
Regardless of what happens on the hunt...." I didnt see anything but I think I MIGHT have heard a hen right at first light.... I cant be sure cause of how far off she sounded."

sounds like some of my replies