turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey hunting and lying

Started by Doug-Va, February 19, 2011, 09:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comescrashing

I don't tend to lie about what I heard mainly cuz the people I tell hunt other land. Also I don't scout usually so I pretty much go into the woods blind, I'm not really a wealth of knowledge anyways

chatterbox

I only have a couple of guys besides my FIL that I hunt with, and we hunt in their spots when we hunt. I would never tell anyone my FIL's spots, and never take anyone there. You never betray a trust.
As far as telling a stranger, I never really have run into that.

TURKEYWHACKER

Since I hunt public land almost exclusively I run into folks on the dirt roads and at the check stations. I tell the road warriors "I seen a hen cross the road about a mile or so that way" and the check station gawkers get " 50 yards off the paved road". Sorry but I work too hard to find birds for me and my Dad to just give info to strangers.

flintlock

I tell my friends what I hear/see.  No prob w/that from me.  If they want to go kill one, good luck.   I'll take their pic w/him.

I hunt mostly private, so don't talk to strangers.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

joshua

If someone ask I'll tell them where I was at and what happened on my hunt.   I'm not gonna volunteer info.  My philosophy has always been "you get out of it what you put in it".
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

TANK

I was taught to never give away info, thats just the way it is.................
I do like to ask people what they have seen or heard just to see the look on their face, and see what kind of lie they can come up with!

bird

I've learned to be very cautious of what information I give out now days.  I don't even like to tell anyone where I even hunt.

FullChoke

I won't lie, I just won't answer.

When another hunter starts pumping me for information about where I was and what did I hear,see,smell, etc. I simply change the subject, and sometimes rather abruptly. One of the basic lessons of turkey hunting is that you DO NOT ask a guy for pertinent information. Now, if he wants to blab about it on his own, fine, let him give you GPS coordinates if he thinks that makes him look better in your eyes.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

longspur

the turkeys blab enough about where they are on ther own, no sence in me helping them out. I don't lie about where I killed one I just reply "top secret"

guesswho

I'm pretty free with information, especially with friends.    With strangers it depends on their attitude.   I like to help people out, but if your a jerk there ain't no telling what I'm apt to tell you. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

PANYHunter

The property I hunt is private but the landowner will give anyone permission to hunt it.  Most of the guys that hunt it have no clue what they are doing, they will usually wear orange while they are sitting, so there is no way I will tell them where the turkeys are.  They generally hunt the same spot so we just stay out of each others way.  I have no problem telling my friends that I hunt with where the turkeys are because I know they will do the same for me. 

M,Yingling

Didnt see any turkey ,, always say saw just few deer  :lol:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

wareagle99

As Tom Kelly's huntin buddy says " I haven't saw one"

Jay

Loose lips sink ships. Last year my buddy in Kansas locates a great Public place with some big Gobblers from a church member, where I planned on hunting. Of course he has to tell one other guy he knows, and I believe that family took 6 out of there, which left none I could find. ::) I don't even tell relatives much. All is fair in love, war, and Turkey hunting. However, I will take people with me to Turkey hunt, but if they spread the info out, it'll be the last time.

FullChoke

Quote from: Jay on February 20, 2011, 10:31:48 AM
. However, I will take people with me to Turkey hunt, but if they spread the info out, it'll be the last time.

Jay, I'm exactly the same way. I won't tell anyone where I hunt, but I will gladly take them. While I've got them out there, I will take a few minutes to make a point of advising them to not violate the trust that I have placed in them in showing them the locations. I've had no problems since I started doing this.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.