turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey hunting and lying

Started by Doug-Va, February 19, 2011, 09:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottyb

Where I am, the woods are so small, and dang birds are all over the fields.. its sort of hard to lie. There are so many roads leading in that you honestly cannot get away from people in most cases, and the land is about as flat as land gets.. sea level. 

However, one morning I was getting ready to walk in when a guy pulled up, he actually had the nerve to ask me if I minded if he went in there and hunted with me, he even gave me a synopsis of where we could both set up and be safe all morning...

I said well, NO it would not be cool if you came in here with me, and said man I just came here cuz I was runnin late, I told him about three birds at a spot about 3 miles away, which I had never been into.. and I think it was just an old cutover....

he thanked me and went on his way....... see its not bad to be nice......  ;D

and of course I never hear anything either...
Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

ground control

You are more likely to get one of my guns from me than honest information as to where I hunt. And I hunt about the worst spot known to man, or turkey for that matter. I just go for the solitude.
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

Gobbling Buck

A good turkey hunting spot is like a good crappie top.  Don't volunteer the info, but if you see me there a couple days in a row.....I ain't just waisting time. :goofball:  I only share information to a close few.....but I also honor their areas no matter how tempting it may be to go after a bird.  Unless of course they've had a week or so of time to try and close the deal.  Then :smiley-char092: