OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

So far you all haven't been real helpful

Started by Brillo, May 01, 2023, 06:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brillo

I was hopeful that hanging out with you would make me a successful turkey hunter.  Instead the only significant impact has been an uptick in my spending.  Maybe a marginal improvement in my hunting prowess. 
We still have a week in June for redemption but I am not optimistic.  Top secret probation for everyone.   :wave: 

Happy

Sometimes it's the student and not the teacher.. In all honesty, push forward. Persistence wins more often than not. Good luck and have fun.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Spurtaker

Enjoy the hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait. He's coming!

Brillo

Remember when John Kerry said he threw his Vietnam medals over the White House fence?  I am thinking of throwing my OG patches over a barbed wire fence.  Stupid turkeys.  Not you all...you are not stupid.   

captpete

I don't think you should be blaming us. We can only do so much and you need to put forth the effort to learn. It's very apparent that you haven't been watching enough YouTube videos and TV hunting shows. ;D

Spring Creek Calls

Michigan is about to receive a significant warming trend. I believe you'll see an uptick in gobbling activity when that arrives.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

VaBoy

Plain to see you haven't been listening and haven't learned the most important lesson of turkey hunting ... Patience ;) . Stick with it and good luck :OGturkeyhead:

crow

Do you even trumpet, you have to show some commitment

Turkeybutt

Maybe you are a slow learner. It will all come together. Trust us!

tad1

Quote from: VaBoy on May 01, 2023, 08:07:39 AM
Plain to see you haven't been listening and haven't learned the most important lesson of turkey hunting ... Patience ;) . Stick with it and good luck :OGturkeyhead:

I wholly agree with this.  Recently, I was pondering back on how many of my successful hunts and patience was the one ingredient that made the difference.  Such an obvious thing that we all know.  Yet somehow I still manage to forget that more times than not.
    JT

GobbleNut

Quote from: Brillo on May 01, 2023, 06:31:39 AM
I was hopeful that hanging out with you would make me a successful turkey hunter.  Instead the only significant impact has been an uptick in my spending.  Maybe a marginal improvement in my hunting prowess. 
We still have a week in June for redemption but I am not optimistic.  Top secret probation for everyone.   :wave:

Around here, I have been on top secret probation most of my married life.  Unless there is double top secret probation, I will assume my situation will remain the same.   ;D

My first observation is that no matter how much your spending habits have increased, you should obviously be spending more.  Your prowess is directly correlated to how many expensive turkey calls you have.  At the very least, you should have learned THAT around here! 

Another part of the problem you are having is likely due to the fact that you can ask for advice from ten different OG members, and you will get ten different opinions on how to do it!  The first step is to separate us "charlatans" from the real "experts".  Good luck with that!   :angel9:
...In summary, just keep after it!  Sometimes you have to just sort through a bunch of smart turkeys until you find a dumb one!   :newmascot:

Greg Massey

Sometimes you just have to know when to fold them and go to the grocery store and buy you a turkey... But in all fairness your on the right track in killing a gobbler, look at this way your on the BEST forum and we all have your BACK...

Marc

I have some questions....

Have you watched all the youtube videos on turkey hunting?
Have you patterned your gun out to 90 yards with the proper TSS loads and super turkey chokes?
Is your camouflage the correct color?
Do you turkey decoys have a good motor that spins them in a realistic fashion?
Is the electronic scope on your gun facing the correct direction?
Have you successfully mastered the mating scream turkey call on mouth calls, pot calls, and box calls?
Have you successfully mastered the owl hooters, such that you can drive down the road and get multple gooble responses in crowded areas?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Turkeybutt

I agree with Gobblenut. Better hunting experiences through aggressive spending.