only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

So far you all haven't been real helpful

Started by Brillo, May 01, 2023, 06:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brillo

Quote from: Marc on May 01, 2023, 01:03:43 PM
I have some questions....

Have you watched all the youtube videos on turkey hunting?
Have you patterned your gun out to 90 yards with the proper TSS loads and super turkey chokes?
Is your camouflage the correct color?
Do you turkey decoys have a good motor that spins them in a realistic fashion?
Is the electronic scope on your gun facing the correct direction?
Have you successfully mastered the mating scream turkey call on mouth calls, pot calls, and box calls?
Have you successfully mastered the owl hooters, such that you can drive down the road and get multple gooble responses in crowded areas?
I confess that I am sick of turkey and other hunting videos.  Nauseated actually but Ill try a couple more.
My TSS pattern at 30 yds is 38.562 inches so I am projecting a 3 yard plus pattern at 90 yards.  Perfect since I still can't get a gobbler within 80. 
I don't use a scope since I don't want my shots to be limited to what I can see. 
I am screaming as loud as possible when I see the birds running, sometimes flying away. 
I assure you that I have mastered the technique I developed, on my own, of hanging out the truck window at 10mph and hooting while steering with my foot.  I have had pretty good results and and am up to 6 responses per gallon.  Some of them are from real turkeys.

Altogether, I am doing my best with the obviously inadequate instruction you have been providing.

Mossyguy

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

The problem, as I see it is:

You don't know what you don't know until you know that you don't know enough to know what you need to know and don't know enough so you can learn to know what you do and do not need to know. Ya' know?
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

afhunter1

Quote from: g8rvet on May 01, 2023, 02:02:55 PM

You don't know what you don't know until you know that you don't know enough to know what you need to know and don't know enough so you can learn to know what you do and do not need to know. Ya' know?

You don't happen to write political speeches for a prominent politician do you?

Brillo

I actually felt better about things when I was pretty sure I didn't know before I met you all.  Then I got to thinking I had learned something but now I am beginning to understand that I don't understand therefore I do (not) know what I do or do not know.

Paulmyr

Quote from: Brillo on May 01, 2023, 02:21:21 PM

I actually felt better about things when I was pretty sure I didn't know before I met you all.  Then I got to thinking I had learned something but now I am beginning to understand that I don't understand therefore I do (not) know what I do or do not know.
ahhh. I think I understand?! You need to do like tin cup and put your hat on backwards keys in your left pocket change in your right, Hop on one leg in a circle, while doing the foremost mentioned ki ki,cackle, yelp,hoot call!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

strum

You gotta remember to not call to loud but make sure you call often with volume. Never use decoys unless you have 6 or 8 . The best call is a loud whine, bubble, jake yelp done on a frank cox trumpet before flydown. Turkeys only respond to bottomland camo late in the evening. And dont forget to use the end of your barrel to scratch the leaves. That always brings them in. Last but not least stay shady in the sun. I learned all this on the OG so I know itll work.

Paulmyr

And..... Get yourself a piece of hard rock candy. It's not for eating it's just for looking through.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Gooserbat

The only thing that matters on your turkey vest is the quality of the butt cushion.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Marc

Quote from: Paulmyr on May 01, 2023, 02:52:24 PM
And..... Get yourself a piece of hard rock candy. It's not for eating it's just for looking through.
I bet both of these guys could kill a turkey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HRtcBAbCLE
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

quavers59

Took me 5 Long Years to kill my 1st Turkey. Hang in there .

tal

Borsy

If you kill a turkey with your ol shotgun, but then feel compelled to add a minimum of three turkey specific shotguns to your arsenal to kill em extra, you've been "OG'd".

g8rvet

Quote from: afhunter1 on May 01, 2023, 02:19:43 PM

You don't happen to write political speeches for a prominent politician do you?

I am not saying if I did or did not, but if I did her name rhymes with Shmamala Shmarris.