OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

So far you all haven't been real helpful

Started by Brillo, May 01, 2023, 06:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

Quote from: Marc on May 02, 2023, 11:51:40 AM
Quote from: Brillo on May 01, 2023, 01:49:09 PM
Altogether, I am doing my best with the obviously inadequate instruction you have been providing.

Well...  Sometimes it is the teacher...  Sometimes it is the student.  Sometimes it is both....

I happen to be a self-described expert (or at least self-identified)....

It has taken me years to aquire and put to use all the knowledge I have gained... 
For instance I have learned:

That while turkeys are incapable of flying, they still nest in trees.
Hunters walking in the turkey woods are invisible to turkeys as long as those hunters are wearing camouflage and using a turkey call.
Turkeys cannot hear human voices as long as you intermingle a turkey call with those voices.
Turkeys are very friendly with owls and crows (which is why they gobble at them)
Turkeys have an excellent sense of smell, but horrible eyesight and hearing...  (Scent-blocking clothing is of utmost importance for turkey hunting)

I have much more of this useful information as well!

This is why I buy "Hen in Heat" scent & "Field Corn" cover scent by the quart....use to buy it by the gallon, but it gets stale if it sets from one year to the next.

jhoward11

Maybe we are going about this all wrong. You say we haven't helped you. Maybe you haven't been paying attention, because were not presenting or teaching it in the best way. So, let's go old school.....like back to VanHalen, maybe we can have sir diealot dress up in a hot outfit with his sunglasses and he can be our HOT FOR TEACHER! Would you pay attention to the teacher then???