turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many pot calls do you carry.

Started by Crghss, January 22, 2023, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

It all depends on the weather 2 -3 - 4 especially the first part of the season...  Rain / cold / wind / humidity  etc .... Different pot surfaces along with other calls ...

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Zobo

Two pots: one soft coaxing, tree yelping slate, and one obnoxious barking glass, crystal or aluminum etc.
And I always go with three strikers, usually return with two ::)
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tail Feathers

I carry two pot calls and usually four strikers.  I sometimes swap pot calls as I go thru the season to keep a new sound for birds I've worked before.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Cowboy

2 or 3 usually. And 3 or 4 strikers.  Box call or 2. Couple mouth calls. HOWEVER, thinking about it,  I'm probably going to the bare minimum this year. I really don't see a need to carry all the extra weight and take up space. 

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 22, 2023, 10:12:03 PM
One.   

And one striker.

We have a winner. With that answer, clearly you reveal that you have hunted much more than a day or two.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Dtrkyman

One, ocsasionally two and 3 strikers.  Mouth calls thats another story!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Notsoyoungturk

3 pots.  Ceramic, slate and glass.  5 strikers.  Never know what they will like or I will play well on any given day.  Glenda Green satchel makes for easy access.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Yoder409

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on January 22, 2023, 10:33:00 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on January 22, 2023, 10:12:03 PM
One.   

And one striker.

We have a winner. With that answer, clearly you reveal that you have hunted much more than a day or two.

A little bit more, maybe.    ;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

One, it will be a 2-sider (glass/slate) most of the time. 1-2 strikers tops...
"Solo hunter"

kennedyh1990

2 pots, one glass one slate and 4-5 strikers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

This comes up every year and I'm w Greg as far as the weather varies call but I've gone down from 4 to 2-3 calls. I can't bear to be without a gobbler pot. One of those calls I don't use all the time but imo it needs to be there. Besides that maybe a slate and aluminum. If it rains an enticer aluminum switches out my regular aluminum. Call runs soaking wet.
As far as not enough pockets for calls. Doesn't really matter to me. I'd never throw a call in a pocket unprotected. Two in the call pockets in a coozie, one in the regular pocket in a coozie. Scratcher and a longbox and I've got more calls than I need.

Guskie

My vest has two of the round pot call pockets on it. One holds a turkey call and the other holds two oatmeal creme pies

Yoder409

Quote from: Guskie on January 23, 2023, 07:52:48 AM
My vest has two of the round pot call pockets on it. One holds a turkey call and the other holds two oatmeal creme pies

:icon_thumright: :TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

Solid, SOLID plan !!!!!!!!   Unless you plan on running a diaphragm call.......    :toothy9:
PA elitist since 1979