OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many pot calls do you carry.

Started by Crghss, January 22, 2023, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck1443

4 - grey slate ,aluminum ,ceramic and a
crystal/glass/green or red slate and a striker for each .Mrs green's satchel and striker holder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quavers59

I carry 2 Pots. Traditional  Slate.
  On light Rain days or Threatening to rain,I carry up to 4 Pots- all Glass.

Turkeybutt

Just two one slate, one glass and 4 different strikers

Muzzy61

Vest set up to hold 4, I carry 3 on most days.
Slate, Glass and Ceramic and multiple strikers.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Ridge Strutter

2 pots, 4 strikers.  Trumpets have cut down on my vets load.

GobbleNut

I generally always make sure I have one slate-surface pot and a couple of strikers.  That call is used pretty rarely and under very specific circumstances.  On some occasions, I will carry multiple pots with varying surfaces and a couple more strikers for those times when I think I might be sitting somewhere passing time in the woods, or occasionally when I am having trouble striking a gobbler and want to try presenting a totally different sound just for the heck of it.  Those instances are even more rare than the first.  Quite often, none of them ever come out of my pockets.

The only other calls I will not hunt without are mouth calls,...and I admittedly carry way more of those than I need to.   ;D ::)

ScottTaulbee

I typically carry 1 but this year will be carrying two. The first is a Enticer calls next generation glass and corian pot. It has a baffle on the back that you can cover your sound holes with and change the tone from loud and clear to low and raspy, is waterproof, and you can call soft stuff on the scuffed up pot. The new addition is a Roger Parks new double spur pot. The rest of my pot calls sit on a shelf at the house. As far as strikers I carry 4. The first is the one that came with the enticer call, it sounds great on it, the second and third are Roger's hen and Jake strikers, the 4th I have no idea who made it or what wood it is, my brother gave it to me back in the late 90's and it sounds great on every surface and every call I've ever put it to. I'd assume throw my pots away if I ever lost that striker. I rarely use a pot though, 90% of my calling is with mouth calls, I typically carry 5 or 6. The other 10 percent is a pot, a box, or a trumpet/wingbone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 23, 2023, 08:02:53 AM
Quote from: Guskie on January 23, 2023, 07:52:48 AM
My vest has two of the round pot call pockets on it. One holds a turkey call and the other holds two oatmeal creme pies

:icon_thumright: :TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

Solid, SOLID plan !!!!!!!!   Unless you plan on running a diaphragm call.......    :toothy9:

Good for running a yelper though, gets the spit flowing  :icon_thumright:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

PharmHunter

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

PalmettoRon

3 usually with 6 strikers--red slate, glass or crystal and aluminum or ceramic.

wchadw

i usually carry 3
cody WC slate and 1 other either glass,ceramic or aluminum
and a soft talker - either a parks or watkins coaxer

turkeykiller22

I carry either 1 or 2 pots and 2 or 3 strikers. The Grounded vest holds 4 pots and 4 strikers in the same pocket.

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

packmule

Quote from: Zobo on January 23, 2023, 10:23:56 AM
Quote from: Yoder409 on January 23, 2023, 08:02:53 AM
My vest has two of the round pot call pockets on it. One holds a turkey call and the other holds two oatmeal creme pies

:icon_thumright: :TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

Solid, SOLID plan !!!!!!!!   Unless you plan on running a diaphragm call.......    :toothy9:

Good for running a yelper though, gets the spit flowing  :icon_thumright:

:toothy9:  :toothy9:

1 pot 2 strikers for me.

wchadw

you aren't trying hard enough.... you should be able to get AT LEAST 4 in there