OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many pot calls do you carry.

Started by Crghss, January 22, 2023, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greentrout

Usually two, ceramic and slate. Have a new glass that will get some time this season as well so maybe three some days. I will probably just continue to only use my ceramic, but the others are there to make me feel better.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

grayfox

Normally 3. I have carried 4 but honestly 2 is plenty.

jhoward11

2, glass and slate w/ 3 strikers and multiple mouth calls.

eddie234

Five,
One each: crystal,glass,ceramic,slate,aluminum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

G-dub

At least three: slate, crystal, copper and sometimes I'll add a fourth but this year it may be a trough instead of a true "pot".  Several different strikers

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: guesswho on January 22, 2023, 09:12:53 PM
I rarely carry one.
I know why too.  Those river cane trumpets are awesome!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

WildTigerTrout

Usually 2, sometimes 3. A Cody "Woodsman" slate and  a Cody "Woodsman" glass.  I use mouth calls the most though.  This year I have a new river cane trumpet call to try that was made special just for me. Guesswho made it?  I have been practicing and getting better with it.  By May I should be good to go. Love that Georgia river cane!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

BDeal

A lot. 4-6 typically including a hooks gray slate, Paul Hicks or Busters Red Slate, Paul Hicks or Busters Glass, Darrin Dawkins Aluminum, Paul Hicks ceramic,  and Enticer Wet One. Slate calls are my bread and butter. I usually carry about a dozen strikers as well in addition to one box call and a couple of mouth calls. I occasionally carry a push button as well but almost never use it.

WV Flopper

I run two vest, each have two calls. One call is a trial call, different in both vests. The other call is a world class, 1 in both vest. Both vest have 3 strikers, 1 is heavy hickory, the other is whatever ship with the trials.

When Cody is back up and running I will have two vests, with two Cody's each. Done with wasting my money trying to find a call that is as fluid to pair with the Cody's I run. I have wasted a decent chunk trying to find a good glass call to carry.

Oatmeal pies give me the heartburn! But that is an awesome use, I would be better to carry a Cody and a snack!

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 23, 2023, 08:02:53 AM
Quote from: Guskie on January 23, 2023, 07:52:48 AM
My vest has two of the round pot call pockets on it. One holds a turkey call and the other holds two oatmeal creme pies

:icon_thumright: :TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

Solid, SOLID plan !!!!!!!!   Unless you plan on running a diaphragm call.......    :toothy9:

Amen, a peanut butter sandwich mid morning is not much better.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

mountainhunter1

Quote from: wchadw on January 23, 2023, 11:11:25 AM
My vest has two of the round pot call pockets on it. One holds a turkey call and the other holds two oatmeal creme pies
you aren't trying hard enough.... you should be able to get AT LEAST 4 in there

He could have, but he ate two of the outmeal cream pies before he ever left the truck.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Yoder409

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on January 24, 2023, 08:43:05 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on January 23, 2023, 08:02:53 AM

:icon_thumright: :TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

Solid, SOLID plan !!!!!!!!   Unless you plan on running a diaphragm call.......    :toothy9:

Amen, a peanut butter sandwich mid morning is not much better.

You must gotta clean your diaphragms with a pressure washer.............

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

deathfoot

2 pots. 1 striker. Box calls are my thing. What's a mouth call?  ;D

Yoder409

Quote from: deathfoot on January 24, 2023, 10:04:55 PM
2 pots. 1 striker. Box calls are my thing. What's a mouth call?  ;D

Box calls are "my thing", too.  Still have a diaphragm in my cheek 100% of the time I'm hunting and use it for 80%-90% of my calling.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.