turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many pot calls do you carry.

Started by Crghss, January 22, 2023, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

After reading the threads asking about different turkey vests, I never see vests with more than 2 pot call pockets.

I use an Alps Elite 4 which carries 4 pot call. Don't think I could ever carry any less, along with my 2 box calls.

So my two questions are:
How many pots do you carry.
Is there another vest that has 4 pot call pockets.

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

jmart241

I carry 4 i use Glendas minimalist satchel works great

hunter85

I carry five in the nomad mg vest. Three in the holder pouch and two on the inside two mesh pockets.

TonyTurk

My Gunslinger will hold 4, I normally carry 3.

Turkeyman

I carry two pot calls...a Cody glass and slate. Have no desire to carry either other or more. I use the glass more than the slate generally.

Happy

I have never carried more than two. Takes up space that could be used for something important, like snacks.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Wigsplitter

3 for me and bout 2 mouth calls - no boxes here so I got room

ditchdigger

3bailey3

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mcw3734

One pot call and two very different strikers.

roosterstraw

3 pots for me. 1 box and a few diagram calls.

gmbellew

I used to carry 4 pots and 3 or 4 strikers. but since I got into trumpets and yelpers,  I have scaled back to 2 pots and 2 strikers. I do carry a spare striker on an inside vest pocket just in case something happens. and a trumpet around my neck and a yelper or wingbone in a striker pocket. if I ever get lucky enough to score an old gobbler pushpin, I might add that to the mix. I am more into diversity of calls now instead of just diversity of pots.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Crghss on January 22, 2023, 08:01:34 PM
After reading the threads asking about different turkey vests, I never see vests with more than 2 pot call pockets.

I use an Alps Elite 4 which carries 4 pot call. Don't think I could ever carry any less, along with my 2 box calls.

So my two questions are:
How many pots do you carry.
Is there another vest that has 4 pot call pockets.

My question would be, do you have to walk long distances, or are you hunting private land where you do minimal walking? If you have to do a lot of walking like some of us, and even more so if that walking is in tougher terrain, - have you thought about taking two pots and four strikers? Two strikers for each pot. When you change the striker you have a completely different hen. May not sound so different to you at two feet, but to the bird, changing that striker means he is hearing a totally different bird. You could cut some weight out of your vest if that would work for you, and you would still have four different hen turkeys with your pot calls.

To answer your question, I for many many years would carry two pots and three to four strikers. But, over time it was obvious that there were so many days that I did not even touch the extra pot. So nowadays, I carry one pot (change the pot out a time or two during the week, especially if I am hunting on the same public ground) and two or occasionally three strikers.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

ChesterCopperpot

Usually two, sometimes three, and about ten different strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk