Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BigSlam51

Usually 2, with 4 strikers

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ihuntoldschool

turkeyfool

I've always carried 3 or 4, in glenda's satchel i have 2 boxes, and other stuff obviously. It's clearly too much because I always use the same pot (or two) and maybe use a box every now and then. This season i'm going to keep it to 2 pots, 1 box, 3/4 mouth calls and a bottle of water. maybe a hooter and crow call

Callmn closer

Three, a glass, grey slate and a green slate.

Swamp_870

2...Slate pot for soft yelps, clucks, and purring. The other one is glass over aluminum for the brighter sounding yelps/cuts when trying to strike one.

Most days they are just extra weight in the vest though. 

zanebritton9263

Grounded impact vest has 4 pot call pockets, and 4 striker pockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

2 pots and 3 strikers. My own bubinga / green slate and a Supreme "Double Suicide". Z

runngun

Cody World Class slate and a Cody Spec one Glass. A pile of Fowler strikers, Longnecker strikers.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

bbcoach

Quote from: BDeal on January 24, 2023, 01:46:03 PM
A lot. 4-6 typically including a hooks gray slate, Paul Hicks or Busters Red Slate, Paul Hicks or Busters Glass, Darrin Dawkins Aluminum, Paul Hicks ceramic,  and Enticer Wet One. Slate calls are my bread and butter. I usually carry about a dozen strikers as well in addition to one box call and a couple of mouth calls. I occasionally carry a push button as well but almost never use it.
I'm with you BDeal.  Almost verbatim on pots.  I'll be trying a cherry gray slate trough this year as well.  Plenty of strikers to get multiple hen combos as well.  If I can't get any action on one, I switch to a different Hen.  Never the same hen twice in succession.

SwampRooster17

Usually 2 pots and 2 strikers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurkeyReaper69

2 pots 3 strikers. Although I only ever use one pot and one striker. I carry the others in case I lose my main pot and striker (which has happened plenty of times)

Cowboy

3 and a custom trough call.....

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

olemossyhorns

I usually have 5 pots with me and 4-6 strikers. Hoping to reduce to 3 pots and two strikers this year but we will see how that goes.

Turkeybutt

2 pot calls maybe three and a striker for each. Plus two Wooppie pies