turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF's YouTube annocment of marketing change opinion

Started by topnotch, February 25, 2021, 08:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topnotch

Just watched for 3rd time the YouTube video, NWTF put out announcing their consulting company's suggested changes to logo and marketing.
Not sure I'm onboard with it.
Found it interesting some of the consultants were new to hunting.
Also noted no turkey mounts (seen ducks and deer) in background
Of presenters.
Not a fan of new logo :(

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ChesterCopperpot

Imagine what the rebranding cost and then imagine what that money could have meant if poured back into the resource. It's just another bad move by an organization that was outright begging a year ago, sending out dire financials and forecasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

I personally believe that the NWTF has finally recognized that, to survive, they have to change their image and get back to their original mission.  The logo change, and other slogan changes and the like that are likely to come are the first, obvious moves to do that.  Without some major changes in how they "run the show", I am skeptical that it will work.

In addition, TurkeysForTomorrow showing up on the scene just confirms to me that there are significant past-players in NWTF that have become disillusioned by the NWTF organization, as well.  The mission statement of TFT is what the NWTF should right now be focusing on,...and was at one time in its past. 

Having said the above, I sent TFT an email just a few days ago, after becoming aware of the start-up, stating my willingness to get involved, but also my concerns about TFT eventually turning into the new NWTF.  ...Have not received a response...

topnotch

I agree with you 100%. Take someone hunting is the best marketing anyone can do for any species.
I've always looked forward to our state's juvenile hunts (turkey and deer)
every year for the last 25. It's getting harder to find children that are interested.
Oddly enough the last few years it has been the mother's who reached out and ask if I would take their child.

Bowguy

Supposed to be about marketing. I'm sorry but I believe men should be men. If I was on a job and some guy wearing a man bun started talking I'd just not be interested in what he was saying . I wish him no harm but I'd stay away. They're strategy is working great. I turned away from video

GobbleNut

Quote from: topnotch on February 25, 2021, 09:09:52 AM
I agree with you 100%. Take someone hunting is the best marketing anyone can do for any species.
I've always looked forward to our state's juvenile hunts (turkey and deer)
every year for the last 25. It's getting harder to find children that are interested.
Oddly enough the last few years it has been the mother's who reached out and ask if I would take their child.

Although I agree with this general comment to an extent, hunter recruitment is about "quality" not "quantity".  Let's bring kids (and adults) that really WANT to be hunters into the fold,...and not worry about trying to convince the rest that they should start hunting "to protect the tradition".

The tradition will be protected by having the right, ethically-based folks,...both adults and kids,...representing hunting.  Where we will get in trouble is looking at protecting the hunting tradition as a function of numbers.  Right now in this country, the percentage of citizens that hunt is somewhere around 3-5%, if I am not mistaken.  That other 97% could get rid of us any time they want to.  The reason they don't?...It's because they recognize that hunting with "an ethical and moral foundation" is okay,....and they support that.

Introducing a kid to hunting that starts out with the perspective that hunting is just a real-live version of "Mortal Kombat"....and behaves accordingly in the woods, is not helping us "save" hunting in this country.  If anything, it is doing the exact opposite.

Turkeytider

OK, I`m a little confused. Is this ( TFT ) a brand new organization OR is it the NWTF morphing into another organization?

Dtrkyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbet6byHGfE

If this is the video you guys are referring to I have no idea what the complaint is?  I think it was well done, showed a connection to the land and the food as well as showing actual hunting!  So what is the issue?

The logo is not my favorite but it doesn't bother me.

And with most of the kids these days removed from an outdoor lifestyle we need to get them from wherever they exist!

I had the pleasure of guiding some "spoiled" rich white kids from an affluent Chicago suburbs for the past few year on a late season crossbow deer hunt.  The "spoiled" lil guys were some of the more respectful kids I have met in recent years and at the very least they were exposed to a positive hunting experience. 

Only a couple out of the bunch will be "hunters" in my opinion but none will be Anti and that is nearly as important!   

GobbleNut

Quote from: Turkeytider on February 25, 2021, 10:24:52 AM
OK, I`m a little confused. Is this ( TFT ) a brand new organization OR is it the NWTF morphing into another organization?

I believe it is a totally new "outfit" comprised of folks that either were or still are members of NWTF.  I believe they have just banded together to emphasize a focus on solving the problem of declining wild turkey numbers across the country.  I can't say for certain based on the information I've seen, but that's my initial impression.

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: Bowguy on February 25, 2021, 09:11:55 AM
Supposed to be about marketing. I'm sorry but I believe men should be men. If I was on a job and some guy wearing a man bun started talking I'd just not be interested in what he was saying . I wish him no harm but I'd stay away. They're strategy is working great. I turned away from video
Comparing the Nwtf to a man bun...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

CALLM2U

I do agree I'm not a fan of the new logo.  Looks very childish to me.

That being said, that's far from the most important part.  I really do hope they have are serious in their approach to the future of the company and restoration efforts.   

I also am glad to see Turkeys for Tomorrow get started.  Competition is a good thing and I believe it will produce better results for all of us.   

Turkeytider

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 25, 2021, 10:33:53 AM
Quote from: Turkeytider on February 25, 2021, 10:24:52 AM

I believe it is a totally new "outfit" comprised of folks that either were or still are members of NWTF.  I believe they have just banded together to emphasize a focus on solving the problem of declining wild turkey numbers across the country.  I can't say for certain based on the information I've seen, but that's my initial impression.

If that`s what they are, then I`ll happily join.

Bowguy

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 25, 2021, 11:10:56 AM
Quote from: Bowguy link=topic=102010.msg1009200#msg1009200 da no te=1614262315
Comparing the Nwtf to a man bun...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

My point is marketing decisions. What if your dentist was the best around but wore overalls? Your lawyer was great but didn't wear shoes? A great restaurant had waiters wear clean but old stained pants? Your wore your hunting clothes to your daughters wedding? It wouldn't show well now wood it? How do you think it'd be received? Marketing means something. If they want to recruit I'm pretty sure there's others like me think men should be men and actually look like em. If not theyre entitled but I'm not forced to listen. Seems they're aiming for hipsters. Not my thing. A real turn off and I've always defended and supported them. The logo is stupid too although imo unimportant. If you're gonna market you've got to weigh all decisions. Man bun ain't smart

Sir-diealot

I have not watched it all yet but when you start out a video apologizing for the new logo then you know it is not a good thing to begin with. I also agree with others that said that the money could have been used for things that actually benefited turkey
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."