OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: NWTF's YouTube annocment of marketing change opinion  (Read 10347 times)

Offline Jimspur

Re: NWTF's YouTube annocment of marketing change opinion
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »
Quote from: Bowguy link=topic=102010.msg1009200#msg1009200 da no te=1614262315
Supposed to be about marketing. I’m sorry but I believe men should be men. If I was on a job and some guy wearing a man bun started talking I’d just not be interested in what he was saying . I wish him no harm but I’d stay away. They’re strategy is working great. I turned away from video
Comparing the Nwtf to a man bun...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

My point is marketing decisions. What if your dentist was the best around but wore overalls? Your lawyer was great but didn’t wear shoes? A great restaurant had waiters wear clean but old stained pants? Your wore your hunting clothes to your daughters wedding? It wouldn’t show well now wood it? How do you think it’d be received? Marketing means something. If they want to recruit I’m pretty sure there’s others like me think men should be men and actually look like em. If not theyre entitled but I’m not forced to listen. Seems they’re aiming for hipsters. Not my thing. A real turn off and I’ve always defended and supported them. The logo is stupid too although imo unimportant. If you’re gonna market you’ve got to weigh all decisions. Man bun ain’t smart

Where are you seeing the marketing video with a man bun?
I can't find it. Could someone please post a link.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 03:03:27 PM »
https://www.turkeysfortomorrow.org/

I think that this is a separate organization from NWTF (?).

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 03:09:16 PM »
Ive been following this s***-show on social media. My thoughts are that the nwtf has been going down the wrong road for years! And this new re-branding is a total  :TrainWreck1:!! Theyre so worried about the next generation of turkey hunters/ nwtf members and there donations and should be, but hate to be the guy to say it but the next generation is barely going to have birds to hunt.... that should be the main focus of the nwtf, plummeting turkey #'s accrossed the country! They have done a ton of good things and im not out to have a bashfest of nwtf. I cant help but think, where we'd be today in 2021 without the nwtf as turkey hunters?? Ill tell ya right now though that they wont be seeing a dime of my hard earned $$ until i start seeing some changes being made... and that starts at the top. Ill be donating to TFT from here on out.  This outside california marketing firm they hired is a trainwreck also, they lost me when Mr Manbun started his power point presentation. I just find it funny that all these guys tirelessly defending and still drinking the nwtf's coolaid have one thing in common, and that is that there livelihood($$$) comes from or depends directly on the nwtf. Heck even Cuz's latest video hes even drinking the coolaid.  Sad sign of the times, but, The old saying "Money makes the world go 'round" still rings true. I just hope they learn from this and can get back on the right track before its too late.

Offline KYHeadhunter02

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 03:38:13 PM »
It's a shame really and it will take years to rebuild the reputation it once had, if ever. They fired and hired to many people they shouldn't have.

Maybe I'm wrong, but why aren't they trying to figure out why the population has declined across the country. I don't see anyone giving them money until they show they are putting it back into the sport.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 03:56:10 PM »
It's a shame really and it will take years to rebuild the reputation it once had, if ever. They fired and hired to many people they shouldn't have.

Maybe I'm wrong, but why aren't they trying to figure out why the population has declined across the country. I don't see anyone giving them money until they show they are putting it back into the sport.

They do put back into the sport. At the refuge by my house they do mentored hunts. I’m often one of the mentors. They buy equipment, crossbows, bolts, finance food plots and blinds, food for the hunters, women’s programs, Wounded warrior hunts,  etc. It’s all about the save the hunt thing they were doing. That’s good stuff. Idk why they don’t get credit for that.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 03:57:51 PM »
Quote from: Bowguy link=topic=102010.msg1009200#msg1009200 da no te=1614262315
Supposed to be about marketing. I’m sorry but I believe men should be men. If I was on a job and some guy wearing a man bun started talking I’d just not be interested in what he was saying . I wish him no harm but I’d stay away. They’re strategy is working great. I turned away from video
Comparing the Nwtf to a man bun...

My point is marketing decisions. What if your dentist was the best around but wore overalls? Your lawyer was great but didn’t wear shoes? A great restaurant had waiters wear clean but old stained pants? Your wore your hunting clothes to your daughters wedding? It wouldn’t show well now wood it? How do you think it’d be received? Marketing means something. If they want to recruit I’m pretty sure there’s others like me think men should be men and actually look like em. If not theyre entitled but I’m not forced to listen. Seems they’re aiming for hipsters. Not my thing. A real turn off and I’ve always defended and supported them. The logo is stupid too although imo unimportant. If you’re gonna market you’ve got to weigh all decisions. Man bun ain’t smart

Where are you seeing the marketing video with a man bun?
I can't find it. Could someone please post a link.

Hope this works https://youtu.be/KIJJ7LQdZ5c

Offline Jrkimbrough

NWTF's YouTube annocment of marketing change opinion
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2021, 05:04:18 PM »
Im a NWTF member and will continue supporting them for the time being but I feel all the money and effort in rebranding was a big waste in funds and resources. Not impressed at all.

Turkeys for Tomorrow has definitely peaked my interest and am intently following them for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 05:19:41 PM »
They do put back into the sport. At the refuge by my house they do mentored hunts. I’m often one of the mentors. They buy equipment, crossbows, bolts, finance food plots and blinds, food for the hunters, women’s programs, Wounded warrior hunts,  etc. It’s all about the save the hunt thing they were doing. That’s good stuff. Idk why they don’t get credit for that.

I do not deny that the NWTF does some positive things,  I have witnessed those things myself.  But your description above is a glaring example of what many of us that have turned out backs on NWTF are complaining about.  Not one of the things you bring up is solving the problems that we, as turkey hunters, are concerned with.

Many of the regions of the country are experiencing significant declines in turkey numbers, and it seems like NWTF is trying to focus most of its efforts on maintaining its money flow (to support an infrastructure and salary base that it can no longer sustain). 

Two of the recurring subjects that come up regularly in topics here on OG are 1) the declining turkey numbers in significant regions of the country, and 2) the increasing amount of hunting pressure put on that declining resource.  Yet, where is the NWTF focusing its efforts as far as we can tell?  That effort is now, and has been for at least the last decade, focused on maintaining its funding base by doing exactly the things you mention in an effort to attract folks as nothing more than sources of dollars.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for doing some of the things you bring up.  Its all touchy-feely stuff that makes people feel good about what they are doing.  It absolutely does nothing to help with solving the two problems mentioned above, and in fact, it only helps to exacerbate them. It is when I don't see a corresponding effort to fix the obvious problems that I question the NWTF motives. 

For many years now, it appears to a lot of us that the NWTF has been doing what they are doing strictly with dollar signs in their eyes and their actions seem to belie very little concern for the resource. 

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
But your description above is a glaring example of what many of us that have turned out backs on NWTF are complaining about.  Not one of the things you bring up is solving the problems that we, as turkey hunters, are concerned with.

Absolutely! Recruitment won’t matter when the opportunity is gone. A rebranding campaign that likely cost a hundred grand or more is the same type of exorbitant waste as the bloated salaries we’ve come to loathe. I want my money going to birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 05:46:14 PM »
I think the majority of you know my views about the N”WTF”.   We parted ways years ago.  I usually don’t waste my time with anything related to the subject.   But I have to say that this motivated me.  I went back and watched and old Steam music video as a salute in case this is the beginning of the end.   Some of the older members will probably know exactly what I’m talking about.   I never enjoyed it more than I did just now.   :gobble: :gobble:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 06:12:53 PM »

I do not deny that the NWTF does some positive things,  I have witnessed those things myself.  But your description above is a glaring example of what many of us that have turned out backs on NWTF are complaining about.  Not one of the things you bring up is solving the problems that we, as turkey hunters, are concerned with.

Many of the regions of the country are experiencing significant declines in turkey numbers, and it seems like NWTF is trying to focus most of its efforts on maintaining its money flow (to support an infrastructure and salary base that it can no longer sustain). 

Two of the recurring subjects that come up regularly in topics here on OG are 1) the declining turkey numbers in significant regions of the country, and 2) the increasing amount of hunting pressure put on that declining resource.  Yet, where is the NWTF focusing its efforts as far as we can tell?  That effort is now, and has been for at least the last decade, focused on maintaining its funding base by doing exactly the things you mention in an effort to attract folks as nothing more than sources of dollars.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for doing some of the things you bring up.  Its all touchy-feely stuff that makes people feel good about what they are doing.  It absolutely does nothing to help with solving the two problems mentioned above, and in fact, it only helps to exacerbate them. It is when I don't see a corresponding effort to fix the obvious problems that I question the NWTF motives. 

For many years now, it appears to a lot of us that the NWTF has been doing what they are doing strictly with dollar signs in their eyes and their actions seem to belie very little concern for the resource.

I think I misread what the fella was stating. I though he was referring to doing nothing for the sport positive  at all. They do that. Whatever the motivation it’s being done. Now as far as your concerns I agree with that too.

Offline KYHeadhunter02

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 07:12:58 PM »

Then they need to make sure people are aware of it. They haven't done anything around here in a long time...Our chapter takes kids hunting every year, but those people would do it with or without them.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 07:20:40 PM »

Then they need to make sure people are aware of it. They haven't done anything around here in a long time...Our chapter takes kids hunting every year, but those people would do it with or without them.

Same here. We’d do it anyhow but the supply funds. Sorry I misunderstood what you were getting at

Offline Jimspur

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »
Thanks Bowguy for the link - I could only stomach about 20 minutes of the marketing B.S. I was a long time member of the NWTF for years until the 2008 fiasco. Looks like a change in strategy to attract more dollars, and to stay relevant to me.
It's a shame the way everything has gone down, but I'll never give them another cent. I wish them well.

Offline Gobspur

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 08:30:20 PM »
Yeah I couldn't make it through the bs either. Heading further down a bad path in my opinion, and further from the resource everyday.  Here's a screenshot of the video showing the new logo. Someone already posted link to the video.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk