turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF Cigar Club?

Started by Sir-diealot, August 04, 2020, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyTurk

Obesity is a bigger health issue in this country than smoking. So I suppose the NWTF should stop those fundraising banquets as well?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TonyTurk on August 06, 2020, 07:55:27 PM
Obesity is a bigger health issue in this country than smoking. So I suppose the NWTF should stop those fundraising banquets as well?
Eating a food only effects the person eating it and that is their choice, tobacco causes problems to those that do not choose to use it as well, there is not real comparison.

I think the chemicals, hormones and steroids are causing much of the obesity myself. Years ago we did not have that crap in our foods and we did not have the problems.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ChiefBubba on August 06, 2020, 07:21:34 PM
Quote from: shoer2 on August 06, 2020, 06:47:25 PM
Damn who don't like a good cigar and a good drink whiskey to relax.

I know! Seems like someone is always trying to take the good stuff away from us! Bubba
I don't and there is nothing good about either.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

shoer2

I know I used to be poor as a Indian dog .now I am big as a killing hog but a lil smoke and a drink can't be as bad as those chemicals in food your talking about.lol

Hooksfan

I cant decide which would be more offensive to my palate....smoking a cigar or sending money to NWTF!
Now before y'alls get bent out..I hereby affirm I am not currently responsible for my actions after having a bout with kidney stones , lithotripsy and the associated pain meds.
On the other hand....perhaps the choice between kidney stones and sending money to NWTF would be a more apt comparison.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Hooksfan on August 06, 2020, 10:58:39 PM
I cant decide which would be more offensive to my palate....smoking a cigar or sending money to NWTF!
Now before y'alls get bent out..I hereby affirm I am not currently responsible for my actions after having a bout with kidney stones , lithotripsy and the associated pain meds.
On the other hand....perhaps the choice between kidney stones and sending money to NWTF would be a more apt comparison.
Hope you heal well.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

I just got through joining the cigar club ... can't wait for my first box and 10 % going to the NWTF...

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 07, 2020, 01:37:41 AM
I just got through joining the cigar club ... can't wait for my first box and 10 % going to the NWTF...
lol

John Koenig:

crow

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 06, 2020, 08:11:20 PM
Eating a food only effects the person eating it and that is their choice, tobacco causes problems to those that do not choose to use it as well, there is not real comparison.

I think the chemicals, hormones and steroids are causing much of the obesity myself. Years ago we did not have that crap in our foods and we did not have the problems.

I am very much effected when people around me eat bean burritos, for the record.

guesswho

You should light a cigar in those situations. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

If someone lit a match 2nd hand smoke would be the least of the worries

Sir-diealot

Quote from: crow on August 09, 2020, 08:22:11 PM

I am very much effected when people around me eat bean burritos, for the record.
That's what nose plugs are for silly.

John Koenig:

Happy

Obviously you have never seen an overweight woman so in love with her whopper that she hit someone in a parking lot. I have. Its ridiculous though. There are enough rules,if someone wants to smoke then let them smoke. Plenty of places they can do that without affecting others.. If someone wants to be a LA then let them be an LA. I just don't want to pay for either ones health insurance which all to often I am thanks to being someone that works and pays taxes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on August 10, 2020, 11:34:52 AM

Obviously you have never seen an overweight woman so in love with her whopper that she hit someone in a parking lot. I have. Its ridiculous though. There are enough rules,if someone wants to smoke then let them smoke. Plenty of places they can do that without affecting others.. If someone wants to be a LA then let them be an LA. I just don't want to pay for either ones health insurance which all to often I am thanks to being someone that works and pays taxes.

Not sure what you mean by "LA"? I do agree we really do not need a bunch more rules, never intended to imply that, I simply do no think it is a good way to raise funds and think it could be done in better ways, and has been in the past.

As far as the cancer comments go I recently lost somebody I cared for deeply to cancer, though not smoking related so I guess I was venting a little and perhaps in the wrong way though I do not feel selling tobacco is ever a good idea. I do support the individuals right to choose it so long as I do not have to smell it or have my health effected by it.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 10, 2020, 11:46:21 AM
Quote from: Happy on August 10, 2020, 11:34:52 AM

Not sure what you mean by "LA"? I do agree we really do not need a bunch more rules, never intended to imply that, I simply do no think it is a good way to raise funds and think it could be done in better ways, and has been in the past.

As far as the cancer comments go I recently lost somebody I cared for deeply to cancer, though not smoking related so I guess I was venting a little and perhaps in the wrong way though I do not feel selling tobacco is ever a good idea. I do support the individuals right to choose it so long as I do not have to smell it or have my health effected by it.
Bill Clinton , like his cigars ... :TooFunny:   LA .. is Lard Butt but it has L A - S