Started by Sir-diealot, August 04, 2020, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 05, 2020, 11:00:20 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 05, 2020, 10:39:57 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 08:43:42 PM
Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 04, 2020, 11:20:29 PM
My momma said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. Negativity kills more than cigar smoke by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would debate that statement.
Go ahead, i doubt you win.

First off it is not negativity, second off even if it was negativity has never directly put anybody in the ground whereas tobacco has.
It is a derogatory comment, it has put people in the ground, tobacco hasn't, the chemicals we add to tobacco has. Smoking cigars is relatively safe as people do not typically inhale when smoking cigars.

All cigars are dangerous to your health. Regular cigar smokers are 4 to 10 times more likely to die from cancers of the mouth, throat, larynx, and esophagus than non-smokers. For those who inhale, cigar smoking appears to be linked to death from cancer of the pancreas and bladder, too.Nov 18, 2019

Is Any Type of Smoking Safe? - American Cancer Society

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/tobacco-and-cancer/is-any-type-of-smoking-safe.html

Edit: Organic tobacco is not safe either.

"Organic," "natural" or "additive-free" product labels may imply a healthier or safer choice, but that couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to tobacco products.

A cigarette with organic tobacco or tobacco with no additives does not make it healthier or safer than other cigarettes. All cigarettes — including those marketed as "natural," "organic" or "additive-free" — have harmful substances such as heavy metals, tar and carbon monoxide. This means that inhaling burnt tobacco of any kind is harmful.

https://truthinitiative.org/research-resources/traditional-tobacco-products/are-organic-or-natural-cigarettes-safer-smoke
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

I stand by my statement , most kids will never know about the the cigar club..  Just because one family member may smoke doesn't mean other family member will take up the habit. It's just like drinking alcohol, nothing wrong with little wine or mix drink, kids see parents do this at home and restaurants. Now getting drunk is different story. It's all about choice, you need to make that decision.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 05, 2020, 11:13:13 PM
I stand by my statement , most kids will never know about the the cigar club..  Just because one family member may smoke doesn't mean other family member will take up the habit. It's just like drinking alcohol, nothing wrong with little wine or mix drink, kids see parents do this at home and restaurants. Now getting drunk is different story. It's all about choice, you need to make that decision.
Actually statistics show children of smokers are much more likely to become smokers themselves. Same with drinking. Not in all cases, but it is higher in both when parents do.

Regardless of that I just do not think it is the best way to get involved with an outside entity like that to raise money, often there is agreements as to quantity required to be sold and so on and penalties when these quotas are not met which could put the NWTF or any organization further back. May not work out that way, but could. I will not discuss it anymore tonight anyway, took my medicine and I am getting tired. You have a good night Greg.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

It's all just matter of opinions , we all have them... it all about growing up and making decisions.

aclawrence

From the research I've seen they say smoking one or two cigars barely increases your chance of cancer. I'll have to find the link to the research article. Cigarettes are full of nasty stuff. I've never smoked a cigarette and have only smoked a few cigars.  I know some of y'all like to hate on Pinhoti but the point of the cigar thing is not to smoke a cigar. It's to hang out with the turkey and enjoy the moment, reflect on the experience.  However you want to spend that time is your choice.  If I was a big cigar smoker I probably still wouldn't join the club.

Sixes

Here is where I differ than most, I am an ex smoker and I have never judged nor given an opinion to anyone that still smokes. And that include cigarettes, cigars or weed.

#1. It is none of my business
#2. It is not my money nor my concern what an adult does

As far as NWTF selling cigars, It doesn't bother me at all, once again, who am I to judge another man or worry about how he spends HIS money

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Sixes on August 06, 2020, 09:36:24 AM
Here is where I differ than most, I am an ex smoker and I have never judged nor given an opinion to anyone that still smokes. And that include cigarettes, cigars or weed.

#1. It is none of my business
#2. It is not my money nor my concern what an adult does

As far as NWTF selling cigars, It doesn't bother me at all, once again, who am I to judge another man or worry about how he spends HIS money

Exactly my thoughts. None of my business what some one else does. Just as long as it doesn't concern me or mine. Lots of businesses use tobacco and alcohol products to sell their own products. Doesn't bother me at all. Bubba

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 11:02:26 PM
Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 05, 2020, 11:00:20 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 05, 2020, 10:39:57 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 08:43:42 PM
Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 04, 2020, 11:20:29 PM
My momma said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. Negativity kills more than cigar smoke by far.

I would debate that statement.
Go ahead, i doubt you win.

First off it is not negativity, second off even if it was negativity has never directly put anybody in the ground whereas tobacco has.
It is a derogatory comment, it has put people in the ground, tobacco hasn't, the chemicals we add to tobacco has. Smoking cigars is relatively safe as people do not typically inhale when smoking cigars.

All cigars are dangerous to your health. Regular cigar smokers are 4 to 10 times more likely to die from cancers of the mouth, throat, larynx, and esophagus than non-smokers. For those who inhale, cigar smoking appears to be linked to death from cancer of the pancreas and bladder, too.Nov 18, 2019

Is Any Type of Smoking Safe? - American Cancer Society

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/tobacco-and-cancer/is-any-type-of-smoking-safe.html

Edit: Organic tobacco is not safe either.

"Organic," "natural" or "additive-free" product labels may imply a healthier or safer choice, but that couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to tobacco products.

A cigarette with organic tobacco or tobacco with no additives does not make it healthier or safer than other cigarettes. All cigarettes — including those marketed as "natural," "organic" or "additive-free" — have harmful substances such as heavy metals, tar and carbon monoxide. This means that inhaling burnt tobacco of any kind is harmful.

https://truthinitiative.org/research-resources/traditional-tobacco-products/are-organic-or-natural-cigarettes-safer-smoke
So many holes, assumptions and statements not even pertaining to the argument in those 2 statements that its not even worth discussing.

Delmar ODonnell

It is a smart idea.  Easy way to raise some money that actually provides benefit to the consumer. The consumer gets a 10% discount, the NWTF gets a 10% donation, and Cigarclub gets increased traffic and a tax deduction. Those who enjoy cigars can capitalize on the discount, those who don't can ignore the ad. I cannot find any problem with it.

bbcoach

Gentlemen this isn't about cancer or the effects of tobacco on our bodies.  This discussion can be discussed another day.  As Delmar said, this is about MONEY period!  NWTF has done some amazing things during their life but as with so many organizations they have lost sight of the objective they started with.  THE TURKEY!!!!  They set out years ago to bring back the Wild Turkey to areas that had lost it and they were VERY successful.  Today, their Management has lost sight of that GOAL and has setup a BIG BUSINESS where MONEY and certain PEOPLE'S JOB come before THE TURKEY!  Now that Covid has put a BIG Damper on their MONEY flow and jobs, they are using every avenue available to try and get that flow back.  Management jobs are at the FOREFRONT right now and THE TURKEY will be at the back of the bus or left at a station somewhere to be forgotten.  This promo (with many more to come) is only the beginning to try and save UPPER level jobs.  I hope they realize what is happening and realign their organization targeting the GOAL they started with many years ago, THE TURKEY.   

Sir-diealot

Quote from: bbcoach on August 06, 2020, 11:07:58 AM
Gentlemen this isn't about cancer or the effects of tobacco on our bodies.  This discussion can be discussed another day.  As Delmar said, this is about MONEY period!  NWTF has done some amazing things during their life but as with so many organizations they have lost sight of the objective they started with.  THE TURKEY!!!!  They set out years ago to bring back the Wild Turkey to areas that had lost it and they were VERY successful.  Today, their Management has lost sight of that GOAL and has setup a BIG BUSINESS where MONEY and certain PEOPLE'S JOB come before THE TURKEY!  Now that Covid has put a BIG Damper on their MONEY flow and jobs, they are using every avenue available to try and get that flow back.  Management jobs are at the FOREFRONT right now and THE TURKEY will be at the back of the bus or left at a station somewhere to be forgotten.  This promo (with many more to come) is only the beginning to try and save UPPER level jobs.  I hope they realize what is happening and realign their organization targeting the GOAL they started with many years ago, THE TURKEY.
Well said.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

I will support the NWTF until the day i die, again it's all about choice, if you don't support them, you don't have any reason to complain about them or what they do. Just move on, that's my opinion. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 06, 2020, 01:37:14 PM
I will support the NWTF until the day i die, again it's all about choice, if you don't support them, you don't have any reason to complain about them or what they do. Just move on, that's my opinion.
That is called blind loyalty, I will never do that. It is alright to support something and not agree with everything they do, it is called independent thought.

John Koenig:

shoer2

Damn who don't like a good cigar and a good drink whiskey to relax.

ChiefBubba

Quote from: shoer2 on August 06, 2020, 06:47:25 PM
Damn who don't like a good cigar and a good drink whiskey to relax.

I know! Seems like someone is always trying to take the good stuff away from us! Bubba