turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF Cigar Club?

Started by Sir-diealot, August 04, 2020, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Am I the only one that thinks this is stupid and a waste of funds? Nothing like killing off the people you want to help you raise money for turkey.

Cigar Club 2 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

doublespurs21

i also recieved that email today,,,,,,

HookedonHooks

I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks that, but I bet you're in the minority.

Smoking cigars and killing turkeys is cool, because the Pinhoti boys said it was.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: HookedonHooks on August 04, 2020, 10:17:42 PM
I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks that, but I bet you're in the minority.

Smoking cigars and killing turkeys is cool, because the Pinhoti boys said it was.
I am with you on the killing turkeys part anyway. I do not think I am in the minority, but you never know.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Goodtimekiller

My momma said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. Negativity kills more than cigar smoke by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I see nothing wrong with it myself , enjoy your cigars ...

bbcoach

This organization is hurting for funds Really Bad right now.  A few months ago, they had to let some of their employees go.  Last month, they were looking for 3 million to stay afloat.  They have gotten, "To Big for Their Britches" and this is the result.  This is just the Beginning!  Soliciting Funds by Any Means Possible.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: bbcoach on August 05, 2020, 06:01:39 PM
This organization is hurting for funds Really Bad right now.  A few months ago, they had to let some of their employees go.  Last month, they were looking for 3 million to stay afloat.  They have gotten, "To Big for Their Britches" and this is the result.  This is just the Beginning!  Soliciting Funds by Any Means Possible.
And this is basically what I am getting at, I think money can be raised in a better way and a healthier way to boot.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 04, 2020, 11:20:29 PM
My momma said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. Negativity kills more than cigar smoke by far.

I would debate that statement.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 05, 2020, 12:16:06 AM
When I smoked I did prefer my cigars, I just do not think it is a good or healthy way to raise money. I also worry about the Jakes possibly seeing these adds, basically endorsing smoking.

John Koenig:

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 08:43:42 PM

Go ahead, i doubt you win.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 08:45:07 PM
When I smoked I did prefer my cigars, I just do not think it is a good or healthy way to raise money. I also worry about the Jakes possibly seeing these adds, basically endorsing smoking.
A lot of Jakes dads smoke and dip , so i don't think a bunch of Jakes are going to see this add. Why not give the NWTF break ..  regardless we don't need to lose the NWTF.. If you would ever attend NWTF Convention you would see they do a lot of good for the youth programs. They have one huge area just for the Jakes to see all kinds of wildlife and play outdoor games. It easy to sit behind a key board and complain. Sure the NWTF has it's fault's but they do a lot of good also. Just my opinion. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 05, 2020, 10:41:34 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 08:45:07 PM
A lot of Jakes dads smoke and dip , so i don't think a bunch of Jakes are going to see this add. Why not give the NWTF break ..  regardless we don't need to lose the NWTF.. If you would ever attend NWTF Convention you would see they do a lot of good for the youth programs. They have one huge area just for the Jakes to see all kinds of wildlife and play outdoor games. It easy to sit behind a key board and complain. Sure the NWTF has it's fault's but they do a lot of good also. Just my opinion.

I have attended an NWTF Convention Greg and agree they do a lot of good for kids, that is why I bought my youngest nephew a membership to the Jakes program.

I disagree they would not see the add because parents smoke or dip, I think that would make them far more likely to because the parents would show an interest, I just don't feel it needs to be tied to the NWTF is all.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 05, 2020, 10:39:57 PM

First off it is not negativity, second off even if it was negativity has never directly put anybody in the ground whereas tobacco has.

John Koenig:

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 05, 2020, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: Goodtimekiller on August 05, 2020, 10:39:57 PM

First off it is not negativity, second off even if it was negativity has never directly put anybody in the ground whereas tobacco has.
It is a derogatory comment, it has put people in the ground, tobacco hasn't, the chemicals we add to tobacco has. Smoking cigars is relatively safe as people do not typically inhale when smoking cigars.