turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"RATE YOUR 2011 SEASON"

Started by bbcoach, May 17, 2011, 08:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I have to give mine a "10".  Went to Florida the first week of March and killed my first Osceola and Tagged Out in NC by taking a bird the first and second Saturdays of the season.  But the best part of the season, for me, was being able to spend time with three of my close Friends and Hunting Buddies.  Went to Florida with one of them (Great Trip)!!!!  The other two, I called for and shared some Quality Woods Time that will always be Cherished. 

God has Truly Blessed Me with Memories that will Last a Lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

Took 2 Osceolas which made my year, and had a great time in Florida with GobblerD. However, only put down 1 Eastern after that, and I hunted hard. I'm probably going to make a Kansas run on a 3 day hunt, where I've still got 2 tags. As it stands right now, I'd rate it a 7, but if Kansas goes well, could be as high as a 10.

Fullfan

Was one of my better, killed 2 in Tn, 2 in Mo 2 in Pa and 1 in Ny. Called up one for my dad, 2 for my son and 1 for my father in law, all were longbeards. Daughter has 2 tags and we have two weeks left..
Don't gobble at me...

Branson

Early in the season I passed on a big jake and his buddy, and another jake at 7 yards. The season started off so great so I got a little cocky. I've been humbled. The past 8-10 hunts I've only heard distant gobbles. I can't work a bird. This season turned sucky quick.

Kywoodsman

I rate it a 10. I went 2 for 2 on tags this year. Filled one the second day of season. Filled the other 10 days later with a bird that I had been watching for a month before season. It was great. My only complaint was it ended to quick.

mikejd

Any season I get to be in the woods for 9 days straight gets a 10. As for the hunting this year maybe a 5 birds never wanted to talk. I did still manage 1 mice bird in a 2 bird season not to bad.

Reloader

One of my best seasons.  Lots of birds whacked this year.

mmusso

My season gets a 10. I killed 2 (should've been 5,  but I've been fighting a POA/POI issue all season), got to take my mother and brother and atleast give them a show or two, and I made a few new friends in the process.

TrackeySauresRex

Great season! I've been on a lot of birds,but still didn't get one. I had many passes on the Jake's. Theres some time left for me and I'm keepin it positive. Strong 7
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

OntarioGobbler

I can't! It ain't over yet eh!  ;D Going well so far. 4 trips and 15 days hunting with one more planned for 4 days and my only issue is I haven't been able to hunt enough!!!!!

njdevilsb

I'd have to rate mine a 9 or 10.  My dad and I filled our 4 total tags with longbeards.  The pre season had us worried if we were going to get a bird at all since we only saw 4 longbeards on our lease 1 time, and that was it for as many times as we were down there.  Only one of the hunts was a semi flash hunt, but all 4 birds were worked for pretty hard.  Working for them makes it that much more rewarding when you finally close the deal.  My second bird came in about 5 hours after we hit the woods, and close to 4 hours after we first knew he was there.  We had a hen doing some great calling for us at 10 yards one morning, and had 5 jakes that we passed on.  I heard more hen talk this year than ever before.

4 birds in 8 days is great, I just wish it didn't go by so fast.

archery1

very disapointed..one day their gobblin and next they are not around... don't no i thinks its all this f##@$$$@  rain were gettin in PA. somebody help me???????
Take a kid hunting

A. Felix

a frustrating 6. I got a personal best but it was the only bird in 9 days hunting.  40 degree temps, moisture, and mute birds made it difficult to stay motivated. as hard as i tried to help after getting my bird friends and family had to eat 6 tags. NEXT YEAR ITS ON!

pullit

I would rate mine as a 7.5 out of 10. Got 2 here at home and one in MT. It would have been a 10 if the birds would have played better, and I would have had more time to hunt.

barry

A perfect 10!
Went 3 for 3
Hunted 3 times on 3 different farms and killed 3 birds - the VA limit.
Last bird was my heaviest ever at 23 1/2 lbs