turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"RATE YOUR 2011 SEASON"

Started by bbcoach, May 17, 2011, 08:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintbrush

I spent 15 days out turkey hunting this year for myself and with freinds, and between the 4 of us, managed to take only 3 toms. I myself ended up get 1 with the 5 tags I had, so I'm going to rate my year at a 3. It was tough hunting this year for sure for me.

BowBendr

My most frustrating season in over 25 years.
Lots of rain and high wind all season here in the high mtns of NC, made for some tough hunts......but.....

I got to see some beautiful country, awesome sunrises and a ton of deer. Made some new friends and acquired some more new land to hunt.

I'll give it a strong "7"

renegade19

9.5  - Filled 2 of my 3 tags (life got in the way on #3) and helped my buddy on 2 of his 3 filled tags.  Great season, saw some amazing things.  Killed a double beard and a dumb 2 yr old.  Can't complain at all.

Solid Snake

Tag soup tastes like $*%#

Birds everywhere before season - once season started never even SAW a gobbler and only heard one gobble.

vaturkey

10++++++.  My best season ever.Took longbeards in Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Kansas, & Virginia. Finished my Grand Slam. Made some great new friends. Heard & seen lots of gobblers. Called in a ton of hens & jakes. Next year should be great. Come on Spring 2012 !!     :newmascot:
Vaturkey

outlaw

Im a good guy !!!

Ky strutt n bust n

it was a real rough n tough season for me. but yet managed to pull 2 double bearded jakes out of my butt. plenty of messed up weather for the bluegrass state. on both of my birds i got to share good memories with my dad and one of my best budds. last year spent the last day of season with the same bud and he got his first longbeard and i experienced that. always good to spend time with ones you cherish. hunts with my dad are always the best no matter what. i rate mine a 7.

MKMGOBL

My WV & NH season was a 10+ ;D My VT season though is still up in the air ??? I've had great days up there but I've also had some pretty bleak days up there! If I can get my so called buddies to stay out of my areas & stop stopping Jakes, I might be able to turn things around. So VT for my is 5 right now :-[ 

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Uncle Bucky

:anim_65: :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock: :happy0064: :jackson: :groupwave: :turkey2:

says it all , my season ROCKED and I got it all on video. 

Son got his first tom and a great one and I doubled  on video with my nephew ( who is like a son to me)   

Only downfall was the neighbor at the one property busting the birds out because he thinks he owns all the deer, but thats alright I have 8 doe tags there this year and all 8 will be used one way or another.  LOL

stinkpickle

I had some days that were 1's and a couple that were 10+'s...I'd say overall it was a solid 8.5 season.  :)   

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

OLE RASPY

Nimrodmar10

I can't rate my seasons 1-10 because they're all 10s. I will say this season has to be one of my top three seasons. Four great WMA longbeards with the shortest spur being 1 1/8 in. ain't bad at all. So let me just rate it great.

bustinbirds

i rate this year a 10, killed 4 good birds 2 in ms. 2 in tn. Capped the season off with a double with my cousin in Tn. first one for both of us! :z-guntootsmiley: :newmascot:
Lifelong member of The Tenth Legion