News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"RATE YOUR 2011 SEASON"

Started by bbcoach, May 17, 2011, 08:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flydown

davisd9

I would rate mine a 10, I would rate it a 10 if I did even kill one.  Just love being out there.  Had the chance to tag out but through my mistakes just did not make it happen.  Was blessed to lay 2 on the ground and I was very happy with them cause I worked my butt off for those two.  The Lord taught me more about patience, perserverance, pride, and listening to the intelligence of better hunters, mentors!  Hunt with a couple of friends, learned a lot and laughed a bunch, changing my rating to a 15! :)
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WyoHunter

I would rate my season as a 10 with 2 Wy, 1 KS, and 1 NE bird. All birds were mature and one was banded and had a transmitter attached which was unique. The only negatives was the inconsistent and wet spring and the high gas prices!  :cowboy:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

guesswho

9 15/16
Year of the multibeards!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

longbeardlife.com

10  all friends and hunters had a great time with lots of birds...

Gobble!

only seen 3 birds die this year, to much rain

savduck

As far as how the birds acted a 3. As far as killing and special hunts a 10. Georgia and South Carolina were tough this year.

Knocked down a longbeard, two jakes, 1 miss at a longbeard, and one longbeard standing at 30 yards that didnt get shot at. Special hunts...one of my jakes with my Dad also killing a jake, first turkeys we have shot together in 19 years. My second Jake with my 5 year old on his first big boy turkey hunt. Putting Covehunter on his SC gobbler and watching him smack it, all in a hunt that last probably less than 20 minutes from walking in the woods. Im a little disappointed in the jakes, but all three were taken in special hunts that will never happen again. I think I was blessed as tough as this season was. I know a ton of guys that have tags left.
Georgia Boy

strutnva

Good season here in VA, probably an 8 or 9 on the scale.  Killed a few birds and was in on a couple more, not bad at all.

Trevor2

My best season yet! I'm gonna rate it a 8 though leave room for improvement. Took two big tn birds, 11 1/4 beard and 11 1/8 beard my two biggest to date
Strutstopper

mudhen

9, if you know what I mean...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

VaTuRkStOmPeR

i've never seen so few turkeys die as I saw this year and I've never called so few birds to the gun.

my season goals were to kill at least 10 birds and guide more than that.
i killed the best bird of my life and 4 others but good days in the woods were few and far between.

3.5inchpainfulldeath

6......   only because i got to watch my 6 year old smoke his second bird.... 2 for me.  I've never had a rougher season.  Lots of days in the woods, lots of gobbles early in the season, then NOTHING... not a peep??????   i had a big tag soup - the tag i used on my boys bird...oh well....  deer season will be here soon and then turkey season all over again. :you_rock: :you_rock:

Divenut2

On a scale from 1 to 10...I'd give mine  14 :happy0064:   It was my first time hunting turkey, my first time calling (Almost pooped myself when that first hen walked up on me!) and harvested my first Old Gobbler. 20 lbs, 9'+ beard and spurs just under 1 1/2" .  Overall I am happy as pigs in dirt with my first season.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

TRKYHTR

I don't think I will rate any spring season a 10/10. That will happen when I get to Heaven. But this year was as close to that as you can get. Like Guesswho said it was like a 9 15/16. I thought last year was one of my best years ever but this year was ranked right up there close to the top. I pulled the trigger on 6. Had a hand in another 8. Took a nephew who was soo excited when he killed his turkey he said it was the best day of his life, he's 24 y/o. Added 2 more states to my list and killed my 100th turkey. Hunted with my son most every time I went out in CA and every day in SD and NE. Watched him kill his NE turkey 15 minutes after buying his tag and it was his 39th gobbler. There was alot more I could write about such as all the friends I hunted with and new friends I met. I still love the south and God is good all the time.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

mdtkyhntr

As has been said, I feel like every season I'm blessed enough to be healthy and financially stable enough to get out and do what I love is a 10. This season truly was exceptional. I had a longer season than I've ever had by starting in Texas in the middle of March and harvesting my first two Rio gobblers and inching closer to my slam. Then I returned to my home state and made up for two early season misses with a pair of late season toms last week, in addition to calling in a bird that my brother was able to harvest. I didn't get to make my annual trip to WV to hunt and fish with a good friend because of my Texas trip, but he plans on being with me next year when I look to finish my slam. All in all a fantastic season, and I enjoyed every day afield.