OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 1187 12 gauge 3.5" 23"

Started by RED NECK, May 07, 2020, 07:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I am in Ontario.I am Canadian and it snowed on us again this morning.May 10th and we are getting snow.I have not seen snow where I am now in May,ever.I have in late April. We used to get it the last week of May when I was working and living in Western Canada.

I had the tom I was hunting at 56 yards this morning,I could have shot and killed him but I  let him walk ,and walk away with his hens.I then had another encounter with him at 8am and had him at 20-30 yards in the bush but I could not get a clean shot.I had the hen in the open.I am going to let him sit for a day or so,I know where he is treeing and I am the only one hunting on the 700 acres.I am going to another spot about 40 minutes away tomorrow.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I picked up a box of 3.5" 4' long beard 2 oz to try out,I will probably picking the jelly head choke up this week,whenever I get back up to the small town by my camp.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

1iagobblergetter

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Longshanks on May 10, 2020, 01:15:42 PM
What state you turkey hunting in?

There is one on gun broker right now in the old tree bark Camo. Current bid....$1825.00

Love Remington shotguns but I could go buy a couple of Beretta Outlanders and pay for a turkey hunting trip for my son and I for that much.
I'm glad I got both of mine for what i did.. Thats some good money.

RED NECK

I am wondering if It is worth picking the jelly head maximum up to try some federal tss 7's through it,or just wait until after season and order a indian creek,pure gold,sumtoy or jebs for tss 3.5 #7's. I already know the stock choke throws a great pattern out to distances we cant speak of on here as I tested with long beard 3.5" 6"s.

I have a tightwad .660 already to go,but may use that choke for the 870 23" 3.5" gun.

RED NECK

I also was just informed that Federal supports the Trulock .650 for the tss #7's as I had sent them an email earlier and it was in my junk email.I may have try it out.

RED NECK

I have one more meeting this morning and then I am away hunting for at least 4 days and most of next week as of now,I am going to stop in and pick up the jellyhead max as I will be close by anyway and the 870 23" is supposed to be here later so I will get to pattern both in the next few days.I will be bow hunting bears in the evening and turkey hunting until mid morning to lunch then a nice meal and a nap,with nobody emailing or calling.....I don't care if it rains,snows,sleets or hails.It is time to unwind and enjoy my family and the woods.

Cowboy

RED NECK

I went and picked up the jellyhead max yesterday,I am going later to pattern a few guns that arrived yesterday and today and plan on using my bench this time and I will have more time.I am going to touch off a 3" federal tss #7 through the jellyhead choke to see if it patterns at distance. I can also double check and see if it was just me that shot a tad to the right,that is possible.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Longshanks

How cool would that be to hunt turkeys in Canada. Good luck, hope you get one with new gun. Nice find.

Escout711

RED NECK

Quote from: Escout711 on May 15, 2020, 10:26:11 AM
You must own 50 turkey guns!
20 some right now and another 10-11 other shotguns.

BINK McCARTY

What a great find!!!They don't make em' like that anymore. CONGRATULATIONS