OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What can I expect? SBE2, Sumtoy .660, Longbeard 5's or 6's?

Started by jb1069, March 07, 2022, 11:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb1069

I am looking for input on this combination. I an setting up a SBE2. I have always had good patterns in the past using Longbeard xr's with a carlson tube. With this gun I would like to set it up the best I can and I am just wandering what type of patterns I can expect to get using a Sumtoy .660 with the longbeards. I know every gun is different and I will put the time in to find the right set up. Just looking for opinions or past experience. Any help would be appreciated.

lowoctane

Did you order it from William? If so he should be able to give you an idea. Best to just shoot it! :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

jb1069

I have not ordered it yet. I have tried to get information from William but I am guessing he is busy. The information I am getting is vague at best.

Tom007

He always replies on here most of the time. Send him a PM. He will get with you...good luck.
"Solo hunter"

SumToy

IF YOU CALLED IN THEY TOLD YOU THE SIZE YOU NEEDED.   IT WILL BE A 40 YARD GUN.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Gobbler428

I use a Jebs 655 in my SBE 2 and get a great pattern. I would think a 660 would be good as well, depending on the gun  You never know until you shoot um.

StickString96

Quote from: Gobbler428 on March 07, 2022, 08:16:46 PM
I use a Jebs 655 in my SBE 2 and get a great pattern. I would think a 660 would be good as well, depending on the gun  You never know until you shoot um.
I run a Jebs 655 in my SBE3 and get great patterns with TSS and LBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnanh

William recommended a .665 for 5 and 6 Longbeards for me but that was for a single shot he did work on for me and tapped for rem-choke. 3 inch longbeard magnum 6's put 205 in a ten inch circle for me so he was right and I have been very happy with this choke.

mossyoak79

I hunt with a SBE2 and get amazing patterns with LBXR #5 in both a jebs 655 and a Kicks GT 660. The jebs is just a bit tighter but very even hunting patterns. Killed birds to 60yds with the jebs 655

ragin-cajun

my SBE2 shot #6s great (290/320 @ 10 inch circle 40 y) with the CarlsonXR .665 or the IC .665
Wild Turkey

Tom007

"Solo hunter"