turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First thing you learned about Turkeys

Started by Greg Massey, March 22, 2020, 04:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

First thing I learned about turkeys was their "Biology" i.e. calling, body language , social stucture and more. This lead me to knowing what turkeys do, and helped me become a better turkey hunter.

MK M GOBL

tomstopper

Quote from: guesswho on March 22, 2020, 04:20:27 PM
I learned their ears are as good or better than their eyes.
This. They can find your position from ridges away. Thought that was amazing

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

rifleman

They do have lazer vision as someone said.  But the darn things will run if the wind turns a leaf over.  They give skiddish a whole new name.

Tail Feathers

The first thing was how exactly they could pinpoint your location.  Within inches in most cases I suspect.
The second thing was how addicting the gobble is!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkey_picker

Cut N Run

Turkey's don't wait around to figure out what an unknown movement is.  They just put distance between you & them.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

tal

Quote from: Crghss on March 22, 2020, 08:02:25 PM
They're fun as hell to hunt
Winner! Although they had taught me a bunch of things before I learned that. LOL

eggshell

Make no mistake they are vial and evil creatures, tools of the devil and it is a service to man-kind to keep them in check

Beards and Hooks

How quickly they pick up on movement  :turkey2:

Ozarks Hillbilly

That I was addicted to this damn disease!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Delmar ODonnell

Their eyesight. When I first started my mentor told me to hunt them like they have a rifle with a high powered scope hunting you. That first year I modeled a statue. I got into some turkeys, killed a few, and definitely left some out there by not making a more aggressive play, but I believe it was a lot easier to learn by starting conservative and learn just how aggressive you can be versus the other way around.

fallhnt

I learned to stop wasting time trying to bust 'em up in Fall and just set up and call 'em in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Marc

That they are too stupid to realize what a spectacular hunter I am, and rarely do what they are supposed to, or expected to.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.