OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gooserbat I'm a dummy Giveaway... WINNER

Started by Gooserbat, March 10, 2020, 01:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haypatch

Drove 45 miles to lease only to realize I left my gun at home!!

bear hunter

passing the longbeard I had been working for hours when he poked his head up at 10 yards cause I thought he was a jake.

Spitten and drummen

Tried to stand up and shoot a gobbler that was over a little knoll and would not raise his head over it. Needless to say , he was gone like a puff of smoke.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Hootin-N-Hammer

I told my buddy where I heard one gobbling.

huntineveryday

I took a buddy on his first turkey hunt several years ago. We worked a day and a half and finally got the dominant bird ticked off and headed our way to run off three other Toms that were coming in from the side. My buddy was using my shotgun and I had him crawl up to the far side of the creek while I stayed back and called. I get the boss tom in close enough, he shoots and hits it perfect...and I jump up, cross the creek bottom and run out to the bird hootin and hollerin (I was as excited as I'd ever been for anything I've shot). I turn and look, and I notice that at the shot those other three Toms had come halfway back to us to jump the flopping bird. Had I kept my cool I could have crawled over, grabbed the gun, and filled my tag as well...instead I went home without a bird.

jmart241

Tried to get to close to a roosted gobbler on a full moon

owlhoot

My biggest mess was driving 4 hours and deciding to put the 12 gauge in the truck for the hunt that day.
Walking about a mile in and went to load the gun.
Problem was grabbing the vest with only 20 gauge shells. 

rakkin6

Forgot toilet paper, left the wood with no socks
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

buzzardroost

Working a bird for many hours without it budging. Inching and inching forward, only to have it fly out of a tree that you just settled up against as part of your inching forward!

BD

Bumping them out of the tree, leaving him at home. That is all I care to admit too!

jordanz7935

Two seasons ago, I slipped into one of my favorite spots @ around 9am. Let out 1 series of calls and they gobbled down over the hill, 150 yards. I hurried to get setup, let out a few more yelps and they gobbled just put of sight, maybe 60 yards away. They ended up workin there way through the hardwoods and the leader and biggest of the three longbeards stopped in an opening about 35 yards.I took the shot, and the 3 gobblers proceeded to walk away putting, just as quick as they came in. I couldn't believe I missed!! I immediately thought my sights had gotten knocked off. Turns out I centerpunched a small tree maybe 10 yards away. Still to this day don't know how i didn't notice that tree. I guess you could call it a catch and release hunt. Thanks for the opportunity gooserbat!!!

husker

I brought my gun, but left the shells at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briton

I put a new pistol grip stock on my 20 ga a few yrs ago. I took it hunting the next morning and managed to get on a bird on a quota hunt. Bird came gobbling and strutting to about 25 yds, I pull the trigger and it won't move! Safety is off, action is shut, I pulled so hard on the trigger I thought it was gonna break. Bird walked off gobbling. Turns out, the bolt for new stock was longer than the original and was pressed perfectly against the safety inside the receiver, even though the safety appeared off it wasn't. Learned a valuable lesson though.

Cut N Run

Forgot to load the gun & dropped the hammer on a sly longbeard @ 28 yards that I'd been hunting for two seasons.  He didn't immediately scramble off was still kind of in range, so I jacked open the bolt and loaded a disposable lighter that I was stupid enough to carry in my right hand pocket.  The bolt jammed and the gobbler fled.  Last time I ever saw him.  That was around 15 years ago & it still hurts to tell it.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Shady valley birds

Several years ago In the middle of the season I had a red dot that would fog up real bad, I said that's it and just took it off and stuck it in my vest. I hunted all day that day and failed to remember i had removed the truglo beads off the gun. So like an idiot I hunted all day with a slick barrel. No sight. Thankfully I didn't have a bird come in.  Could you imagine!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.