OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gooserbat I'm a dummy Giveaway... WINNER

Started by Gooserbat, March 10, 2020, 01:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

WINNER!!!  #54. Greg Massey

Let's reward ourselves for the comic relief we've provided ourselves and others.

In a sentence tell what the biggest foul up you're guilty of when turkey hunting.

Contest ends Friday 10:00 am Central.

I'll go first, I left my gun laying beside the road and realized it 45 minutes and 30 miles later, and thank the Lord it was still there.

You know the rules, but just in case...

Winner will be chosen by corresponding post #

Winner will be selected by a google number generator.

Winner will have a week to reply or they forfeit.

Winner gets their choice of a Select Series Pot n Peg.

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Marc

I had the worst jake decoy ever in a mesh bag...  While walking a logging road back to the truck, I struck a bird close in front of me.

I dropped that mesh bag (with the decoy lying on its side), and ran to a bend in the road 20 yards in front of me (cutting the distance to the bird in half).

That stupid bird went straight up hill (where I actually could have shot him, and because I could only see his head I did not fire) and dropped down behind me (from whence I had just come).  Apparently he saw that horrific jake decoy in the mesh bag and freaked...   He made some strange sound (I have never heard a turkey make before or since) and flushed.

I had been hunting that bird all season, and he made it through the season without being harvested, or being shot at...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sir-diealot

Had a turkey coming in gobbling hard for several hundred yards, he went quiet, I looked over my left shoulder and there he was. Man they run fast!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jwm1485

I call to often when theyre being vocal.

zelmo1

Got in and set up one morning at 000000000 dark 30, fell asleep. Woke up, startled, to a gobble 8 yards away. Bird ran away. :OGturkeyhead:

Ozarks Hillbilly

This one time I thought I had Turkey hunting figured out. Turned out I was wrong

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Pulling the trigger way too early as it was clear that the gobbler was walking a b-line to me. What a dope i was for doing that.  I missed him completely for sure. Thx for the opportunity.

LRD

I broke my leg and damaged tendons and ligaments in my ankle when jumping up to run to a flopping turkey.

Upfold99

Biggest foul up. Driving halfway across the country to miss the only long beard I saw in a weeks time.

Pig

Not setting down when I should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyTurk

Drove off the main road after a heavy rain and got stuck, fortunately the landowner was nearby and gracious enough to pull me out

Bullet1

Important to pattern your shotgun, if you wanna bring one home. Missed one Bc my shotgun shoots to the right

dejake

Was walking down a road, and heard a gobble; he was walking toward me.  I scrambled, trying to find a place to set up. looking like a keystone cop.  Of course, he saw me.  If I just would have sat down, he would have walked right into me.  Worst part was, it was the last day of the season, and we had played cat and mouse for a week.

mozart_hunter

Forgot my shells back at the truck

Nathan_Wiles

Had the perfect set up on two gobbling birds that I had roasted the night before. I slid in and set up in the dark, they played right along. Daylight came birds pitched down in front of me to a few soft clucks.Thier heads crossed up in front of me at 15 steps or so and I squeezed off the shot...to loudest empty chamber hammer strike I ever heard in my life. I had not loaded the H&R Single Shot, I had not even brought shells in my vest.
I had brought my 5 year old daughter with me to see what was sure to be an awesome show and it was. I walked back to the truck and daughter held my hand telling me "It'll be alright Daddy, we'll get em next time. I'll help you remember to load your gun".
She is 25 now and doesn't tag along anymore but she still reminds me to load my gun before every season.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk