only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gooserbat I'm a dummy Giveaway... WINNER

Started by Gooserbat, March 10, 2020, 01:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigriverbum

leaving the house without tp. returning without my skivvies

Muzzy61

I once lugged at chair, bag of decoys, and camera to a spot only to forget my gun, thought my hunting partner had grabbed it.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

blake_08

Hunted a new place for 4 or 5 days only to miss on the last day. Thanks for the opportunity

Shoreguy

Moved to set up closer to a bird just to hear him gobble right where I left.

taylorjones20

I had went with a friend to a place that he had permission to hunt and my intent was to get him a turkey.  We got beat up all morning by a gobbler that would not come off of the top of a mountain. We finally got up there with him and I told my friend to sit right here and I will back up and call. I eased back about 30 yards and called and he cut me off! Instead of coming straight to us he circled around my friend and came right to me.  Unfortunately my gun was leaning up against the back side of the tree my friend was sitting at...  ;D
Alive only by the Grace Of God

ddturkeyhunter

First time turkey hunting in Florida last day, last hour of hunting. A shot is finally presented and I forget I have my turkey gun not my trap-skeet gun. Safty is on top not on botton by trigger, Turkey see me fumbling to find it. GONE

jgard

Deciding in the first place I might have to try this turkey hunting thing out. After that I think I have done just about everything in this post. But really would not have it any other way

aclawrence

I remember when my friend and I first started turkey hunting. We kept bumping into turkeys. One day we were about to walk over a hill in some cutover and we joked to each other "there's probably a whole bunch of turkeys over here" and as soon as we crested the hill, yep a whole flock of turkeys flew away. I think we both learned a good lesson at that moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Lost the rear fiber optic sights halfway through an out of state hunt and didn't take the front fiber optic off. Last day of the hunt shot over a bird that came in hot off the roost, heart was thumping so hard and adrenaline going I didn't get down on my gun good enough. Rookie mistake that I thought I had learned from as a youth hunter, I guess that's a mistake that comes back every 5-10 years to a lot of turkey hunters.

MO HUNTER

New location. Worked a bird til 10 am, finally figured out he was a tame bird on the back porch of a neighbors cabin.

NCL

Driving and wonder why the road was so bumpy for the trailer I was towing only to find a shredded tire and bent rim.  Insult to injury no spare so called AAA and found trailers are not covered.

StruttinGobbler3

In my younger days of turkey hunting, I had not yet realized the change of the sound of a gobble when they flew down from the roost. I heard some birds gobbling early, and eased in to within about 150 yards. They answered my calling a few times. Suddenly their gobbling got more muffled, and I assumed they were going away from me. I jumped up and took off at a trot towards me. About 30 yards in, here come four gobblers over the hill coming to me at a dead run. We all stopped short and looked at one another with our jaw dropped for a few seconds, then they quickly departed to parts unknown. Thankfully they were only jakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Old Timer

Running and gunning i was on a pine hill. I yelped a bird gobbled so close i almost came out of my boots. I dropped down by a tree and he showed himself. I wanted to get him closer and he walked off. I misjudged the yardage he was only at 25 yards. He went down the hill and crossed the road. Knowing where he was heading i went after him. He crossed the road. I unloaded before i crossed also. I set up in a orchard made some soft yelps and he came in like he was on a string. I put the scope on his waddles pulled the trigger and click no shell in the chamber!I managed to get a shell in the chamber for a shot but by that time he was so shook up he turned was heading out of Dodge when i took the shot and hit the tree he was standing by. Talk about egg on my face the old bird won that battle. Never got another chance for him that spring.

Dtrkyman

Sneaking in I spotted a hen roosted, hit the dirt and stuck my Jake decoy into the ground.

She flew down into a field so I crawled through a ditch and up to the edge, the whole flock went by out of range and three toms saw the Jake decoy and pounded it into the dirt!  I could not see the decoy from my position!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jeremy

My stomach rumbled and I started taking care of business before realizing that I had forgotten to re-stock my TP supply. I really liked the sock that I lost that day.