turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Aluminum Pot?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 25, 2020, 09:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Everybody that's looking at this thread who is in the market for an aluminum pot:  Are you confused enough yet?  Here's a different hint:  the striker makes as much difference in the sound of many pot calls as the call itself does.  If you are not matching your pot calls to the "right" striker, you need to start doing that. 

Harty

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 28, 2020, 08:39:37 AM
Everybody that's looking at this thread who is in the market for an aluminum pot:  Are you confused enough yet?  Here's a different hint:  the striker makes as much difference in the sound of many pot calls as the call itself does.  If you are not matching your pot calls to the "right" striker, you need to start doing that.

Yes, I've found this out when I started expanding the number of custom strikers. With more calls and strikers I've actually started keeping notes as to what strikers match up with what pots and the sounds I am getting. Made it more fun too!

Beards and Hooks

My favorite is the enticer silver thunder extreme.

model94

I really like the Schaeffer Atomic 13. Very easy to play and maintain.

countryboy3006

I don't think they make it anymore but I have a Knight and Hale silver hammer that I have had for years and like.  Killed several gobblers with it.

rakkin6

I have a Schaefer Atomic 13 and an Lonzo anodized aluminum that are both pretty nice.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

sixbird

Generally I don't like aluminum because of the consistency issue. They tend to start slipping when they get damp and early morning temps. can cause that same problem. This seems to be especially true with the anodized and the stoned. You can mitigate that somewhat by wetting the tip of your striker and chalking it.
All of that said, I do like a Jimmy Schaffer blasted aluminum over aluminum (black surface) using the chalked striker. Haven't had any issues with that call.
The other thing with aluminum is, they need to be cleaned regularly with 91% alcohol (87% has oil in it and encourages slipping).
I do love the sound of a good one and turkeys respond well to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaltHooksKing

May sound crazy but kill them public land birds with my ridge rocker aluminum.

greencop01

My favorite two are an Enticer Extreme Silver Thunder Aluminum, and the Enticer Silver Fox both are 'meat' calls.  :z-twocents:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!