turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Aluminum Pot?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 25, 2020, 09:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

I'm starting to enjoy these threads, after all the response to my "deadliest call" and "favorite crystal" threads. Very interesting to see the various calls everybody prefers to use. So with that in mind, let's talk about a pot surface that doesn't get talked about a lot anymore. What's your favorite aluminum, best sound and easiest to run? I have two of them, a lightsout anodized aluminum and just received a Schaffer aluminum. The lightsout is a good one, and birds respond well to it. I'm still learning the Schaffer, it has a great sound but seems a little picky about striker angle. What's your favorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

shatcher

Greg Massey

Brad Roberts wormy persimmon alum over glass and Mark Cornelius walnut alum over glass ...

Double B

Glen Marrer maple is my favorite and a Hanks paduak, and Al Holberts silver fox and....I could keep going but, I ike ALUM.  :turkey2:
Followed by buzzards

Gooserbat

I'm pretty proud of my own High Standard line but if I wasn't running my own I'd look at Lon Trice.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spitten and drummen

My Paul Platz cherry aluminum. Aluminum is my least favorite surface but I use it from time to time to give the birds something different. I have killed a few with it but out of all my pot call surfaces it is dead last in dead birds.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Old Gobbler

Woodhaven vision alluminum .....its incredible
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

buzzardroost

Gooserbat High Standard Aluminum is absolutely deadly in the woods.

turkeymanjim

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 25, 2020, 09:48:59 PM
Woodhaven vision alluminum .....its incredible
I second that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Only one I have ever had is my black anodize aluminum in white oak pot from Footballer, sounds pretty good to my ears anyway.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Meleagris gallopavo

Just purchased an aluminum pot from Darrin Dawkins and can't wait to try it.  A buddy recommended it.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Cut N Run

I've got a "Game Over" aluminum from SS Calls that sounds great.  It screams when you need it to.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

bobk

Finally found a aluminum that I like. It is a Brad Roberts aluminum  over glass in a Elm pot. It sounds very good and does not slip or stop playing as others have.

Turkeytider

Really like the Silver Thunder from Al Holbert ( Enticer Calls ). Plays wet or dry, has a corian back that is just great for soft, subtle calling.

Ctrize

Mike Robare, I have a Halloran anodized and the Robare gives me the subtle sounds you sometimes need.